Banzai New Rising Sun II?

GeeBabin

• Members

Hi guys!

I've got a couple of question concerning this item.

The fact is that I recently buyed one of these off ebay and I'm wondering if it works correctly since there has been some internal reparation (some glue inside and some weldings...).

1) Is it normal that, in serial mod, activating both boost at the same time doesn't add any boost. At max, it remains the same and when i turn down the second pots, it lowers the signal...

2) Both boost start to boost only past 12 oclock (or 180o).

3) Is the buffer supposed to boost the signal a lot when engaged at max?

4) What do you guys think of this pedal? How would you compare it to other famous boost? Fulltone FatBoost? Digitech BadMonkey? G2D Cream Overdrive? Barber LTD? Klon Centaur?

Thanks!

• Members

Originally posted by GeeBabin

4) What do you guys think of this pedal? How would you compare it to other famous boost? Fulltone FatBoost? Digitech BadMonkey? G2D Cream Overdrive? Barber LTD? Klon Centaur?

Thanks!

I won't be able to answer the other questions until Thursday or Friday.

Regarding the last question, I've had maybe 6 other boost pedals, and have found that the NRS2 is the most transparent and versatile.

You also mention some overdrives, but I would not compare the NRS2 with those.

• Members

Originally posted by GeeBabin

1) Is it normal that, in serial mod, activating both boost at the same time doesn't add any boost. At max, it remains the same and when i turn down the second pots, it lowers the signal...

2) Both boost start to boost only past 12 oclock (or 180o).

3) Is the buffer supposed to boost the signal a lot when engaged at max?

1) No, this is not normal. I just tried it in serial mode and boost 1 adds some boost, and boost 2 adds some boost. I used boost 1 at 9 o'clock and boost 2 at 11 o'clock.

I did not try it at the maximum setting, and I will not try it at that setting. I fear I will damage my amp and my ears if I do that!

2)No. As mentioned above, I got a signal boost before reaching the 12 o'clock position.

3)I suppose so. I have not changed the factory settings. You may want to check pages 2 and 3 of the manual for more information.

Maybe the pedal is fine, but the internal settings are messed up, or at least very different than mine.

Archived