Expression Pedal for Pigtronix...

UberXTC

• Members

I know that it says that you can only use the Pigtronix expression pedal for the EP-1. I tried my line 6 and it doesn't work, so apparently this may be true. I was wondering if anyone has used any other expression pedals with the EP-1 successfully? $69.99 seems like a lot of money for a plastic expression pedal. If you can only us the Pigtronix pedal then why?

Thanks

• Members

i talked to dave just a couple of weeks ago and he offered the expression ped to me for 40 dollars

maybee you should call him

i on the other hand decided to try an old ernie ball expression pedal i had kept in the bottom of a closet for years (i prefer the ernie ball peds over any other) before i spend the money on his pedal

its called the taboo and was designed to work with rocktron digital gear (it has a stereo jack and the pigtronix requires a stereo jack expression pedal ---though i know that he has changed this design so you may have an older model) it has a 250k potometer, and i don't know what dave's pedal has for a potometer

i'm shure any rocktron dealer could get one of these ernie ball taboo pedals for you (they look and feel just like their volume pedals)

mine works almost perfect with the ep-1...it goes from low to high speeds just fine but there is a wider spot some where in the middle of the sweep that has a little different control opposed to when the pedal is all the way toe down or up (meaning it gets really fast or slow verry quickly but in between it has more of a controlable more patient feel)

....but thats ok i'm not using it for wah or volume.... you just need to get a feel for it

i am woundering if the stock expression pedals act the same way

anyone?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Here's the Pig expression pedal deal. When Dave and I designed the EP-1 he was hot on sourcing a pedal by Eleca and I left it to him to work out the logistics. The first batch of EP-1's are designed to use a TS cable with a slightly modified version of the Eleca volume pedal which is seriously heavy and non-standard. Amoung the tweaks made before the second EP-1 production run was to change the wiring so it works with an industry standard expression pedal running off a TRS cable.

So if you have version 1 of the EP-1's you can use a standard volume pedal [i just tested it and it works]. If you have version 2 of the EP-1's you can use an industry standard expression pedal or buy one from Dave. I'm not even sure he has any more of the Eleca pedals left. The "plastic" ones are for the corrected batch of EP-1's.

Hope this helps.

Archived