Delay dilemma

mrblackbat

• Members

Ok, so I just got my AD900, and lovely it is too. However, realistically I should sell something to get back a bit of the dosh.

Logically, this would be a delay, so either the DeLayla or the DD-5. Now, I need the DD-5 for some songs with really long delays on, and occasionally use the reverse delay setting (though probably could get by without that), whilst the DeLayla sounds great on short settings with the second tape head emulator on. Nice and swirly; but it's beaten for general prettiness by the AD900. However, I'm also thinking that if I had the AD900 set just to short delays I wouldn't be using it to it's full potential.

So, do I a) flog the DD-5 and put up with a max of 600ms delay time b) sell the DeLayla and use the AD900 for shorter delays or c) don't sell anything and put the AD900 in the fx loop of the Matamp on it's own, and go for triple delay goodness.

I kinda wanna do option c), but my bank manager may not be happy with that.....

• Members

what shall i say?!? i'm addicted to delays, too.. as you know. so i can't vote to frog any of these. neither i can't say make no x-mas gifts...

maybe you should sell the dd-5 because it's cheaper to "re-buy".

but if you use it more often than the delayla... hm... maybe frog this...

can't speak for you. but proof if you can make some more simple gifts to your friends.

wasn't a great help i think...:rolleyes:

• Members

Buy my Delayla and have two. :D

Actually I'd sell the Delayla. But that's because I'm one of the few people that think the DD5 is a superb delay pedal.

Although I don't have the maxon, (wish I did), and I'd love to eventually get a DD20 or a DL4, between my Ibanez AD9 and Boss DD5 I'm pretty well set.

No mod delays, but I do have a rack piece that does that for me, as well as a DML10 if need be. :)

• Members
Originally posted by Thelonius

Buy my Delayla and have two.
:D

Actually I'd sell the Delayla. But that's because I'm one of the few people that think the DD5 is a superb delay pedal.

Although I don't have the maxon, (wish I did), and I'd love to eventually get a DD20 or a DL4, between my Ibanez AD9 and Boss DD5 I'm pretty well set.

No mod delays, but I do have a rack piece that does that for me, as well as a DML10 if need be.
:)

I agree that the DD-5 is a great pedal. Which is why I don't wanna sell it. I think the DeLayla would go ahead of it, but I like that too.

Maybe I should add a fourth option of sell a kidney.....

• Members

Originally posted by mrblackbat

I agree that the DD-5 is a great pedal. Which is why I don't wanna sell it. I think the DeLayla would go ahead of it, but I like that too.

Maybe I should add a fourth option of sell a kidney.....

You have two kidneys. You only have one delayla and one DD5. I think you know what you have to do.

• Members

Originally posted by Thelonius

hear, hear. tap tempo, reverse, panning echos, and a nearly useless (or so you think) sample and hold feature? it's a great little silver box. and so small, too. gotta get me a DC brick so it doesn't chew through the 9volts, but damn hot little box.

• Members

Originally posted by sub rosa

If I were in your situation I would sell the Delayla because practically you need the settings on the DD5. The question is do you think the AD900 sounds better than the Delayla?

Answer - yes. Don't get me wrong, the DeLayla is great, but the AD900 has more clarity but also sounds so much lusher too. The DeLayla can get a bit muddy too quick. Though the tape head function is cool.

It's payday Friday; may see how funds are then and make the decision if something has to go.

• Members
Originally posted by mrblackbat

Answer - yes. Don't get me wrong, the DeLayla is great, but the AD900 has more clarity but also sounds so much lusher too. The DeLayla can get a bit muddy too quick. Though the tape head function is cool.

It's payday Friday; may see how funds are then and make the decision if something has to go.

Sell the Delayla, you can always bend over and change the delay time on the AD9000 right? :idea:

• Members
Originally posted by elctmist

Sell the Delayla, you can always bend over and change the delay time on the AD900 right?
:idea:

Whoooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh?!?!?!?!?

Really? You can do that?!?!? :D

I tend to use both the DeLayla and DD-5 together at the moment, one set to a slapback, and the other in time with the song.

Archived