OT - XBox 360 Insanity

iodine74

• Members

Originally posted by Lanefair

What is it, like a christmas rush?

Because the best games never come out with the launch of a console anyway. Mario 64 being an exception. Oh and Streetfighter II. Oh and supermarioland for the GB, and Sonic the hedgehog.

you know what I mean...

I think Mario 64 was the last groundbreaking launch game. Not enough people are making original or innovative games anymore. Its all just sports games and Halo wannabes.

• Members

Are you joking me. You could buy a pretty damn sweet PC for 3 grand. What an idiot. I read that Madden '06 on the 360 was pretty much just re-made with better graphics at the expense of features and updates.

If anyone needs me I'll still be playing my $25 dollar dreamcast.

:rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

Are you joking me. You could buy a pretty damn sweet PC for 3 grand. What an idiot. I read that Madden '06 on the 360 was pretty much just re-made with better graphics at the expense of features and updates.

I heard the same thing about Madden '06.

In fact, from what I read on PA, the graphics aren't even that much better, and they made those insanely cool demo shots look a thousand times better than what's in the actual game.

Pretty typical of a launch title though.

• Members

Originally posted by Wilbo26

Or you could rent out a pretty sweet penthouse for the weekend and get wasted.

• Members

Or you could rent out a pretty sweet penthouse for the weekend and get wasted.

Or rent a cheap motel and buy a couple of moderately priced call girls?

I looked at the screenshots, honestly the graphical difference between the XBOX/PS2 and XBOX 360 are negligible at best. Sacrificing game elements for looks is completely stupid, but sadly it will probably sell plenty of units because a lot of people that buy those games are idiots.

I still don't think Dreamcast is that much worse off in the graphics department than the newer consoles, a 3,000 PC will kick its ass in all departments. Sigh.

If anyone needs me I'll be playing Thief.

• Members

Ps3... end of story... just watch the trailers at gamespot .

I watched a couple of xbox games on an ACTUAL xbox 360 console, they were impressive, but... i think the Ps3 will sweep the floor,

If one wants pc-ports, he is better off getting a PC.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by math2014

Ps3... end of story... just watch the trailers at gamespot .

I watched a couple of xbox games on an ACTUAL xbox 360 console, they were impressive, but... i think the Ps3 will sweep the floor,

If one wants pc-ports, he is better off getting a PC.

w3rd

PS3 graphics

killzone-next-gen-20050516075937991.jpg

XBOX 360 graphics

condemned-criminal-origins-profile-20051

PC graphics

shot00109.jpg

devi-

• Members

Originally posted by Devi Ever

w3rd

devi-

w3rd^2

The original incentive for me getting a ps2 (was 100% anti-console guy), were games like GT4, BaldursGate, Champions of Norrath, etc... and most Ps2 only games.

I have a pc to do what Xbox360 does. Imho it is all about the games, and not the specs, and to be honest, a console should be an escape from a PC, not an attempt to mimic it.

• Members

Originally posted by Lanefair

What is it, like a christmas rush?

Because the best games never come out with the launch of a console anyway. Mario 64 being an exception. Oh and Streetfighter II. Oh and supermarioland for the GB, and Sonic the hedgehog.

you know what I mean...

Yeah, that's true that good games rarely come out with the release of a console. I can think of some exceptions, but Mario 64 isn't one of them.

• Members

That PS3 screenie looks great - but i have a hard time accepting that the bottom shot of that PC game (Doom3, Quake4, Fear? what?) is the best most high level machines are capable of.

MY machine runs Doom3 with more detail than that, and i don't even have a DX9 card.

PC's top any gaming console, simply on features, capabilities and scalability.

Archived