Mini Deja' Vibe vs. Mojo Vibe

Arjae

• Members

I had a Mini Deja' and have somewhat recently sold it and got a Mojo. After using the Mojo for a bit of time now with various dirt pedals, I am finding that the Mojo is a bit brighter. I have a '70 pedal solely for use with the vibe and I loved it with the Mini Deja' but with the Mojo, it sounds very different. The Mojo seems to make the '70 sound more direct and with some high end added. But then there are some pedals that I didn't like with the Mini Deja' that sound unreal now with the Mojo.

So for anyone who has owned both, have you found similar things as I mentioned?

• Members

i've had both several times. I like the fact that the mini deja has a modern/vintage toggle on the outside, rather than a trim pot like the mojo has. They both sound great, but that's my niggle with the mojo and why I used a mini deja more often. With some things, the vintage sounded better and others I liked the modern setting. It was too much trouble to take the Mojo off my board and flip the switch on the inside to make that happen.

Now, I just use the Red Witch deluxe moon phaser for vibe-ish sounds and it gets me as close as I need to get.

• Members

Originally posted by agentcooper2001

i've had both several times. I like the fact that the mini deja has a modern/vintage toggle on the outside, rather than a trim pot like the mojo has. They both sound great, but that's my niggle with the mojo and why I used a mini deja more often. With some things, the vintage sounded better and others I liked the modern setting. It was too much trouble to take the Mojo off my board and flip the switch on the inside to make that happen.

Now, I just use the Red Witch deluxe moon phaser for vibe-ish sounds and it gets me as close as I need to get.

I always used the Deja' on the vintage setting. And I haven't opened up the Mojo but I believe it ships on the vintage setting as well. I'll take a peek later on.

Word 'em up for the reply Curt! :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by The Gainster

Black is switch pos.

Also...where you put the Mojo is very important. I run it before all my od's and fuzz.

Yeah. I run mine first as well. If black is switch position, then I just set mine to modern and like it better that way. It actually sounds darker this way and works better with my '70..... sounds like it did with my Deja'. Hmmmm....... gonna have to try it the other way again.

Thanks for the reply Mitchster. :wave:

• Members

Originally posted by The Gainster

Black is switch pos.

Also...where you put the Mojo is very important. I run it before all my od's and fuzz.

Holy crap

I never tried it before my od

I like it a lot better!

wasted days and wasted nights

it's like I've never heard the damn thing before

except for when I ran it clean

• Members

I like my vibe before my fuzz. If the fuzz is before the vibe it sounds too Phazer "ish" to me.

I have had good stuff come from this.

Guitar-->Germ. Fuzz Face or BMP--->Ultra Vibe--->Fulltone 70-->Amp

I like the 70 after but when I need some juice I kick in the other Fuzz or BMP. So I have one going before and after the vibe a t the same time

Just my .02

• Members

Originally posted by Mickaroony

I'm really digging your old mini Deja. Is the Mojo on a whole new level of tone? or is it more a personal taste thing?

Glad you are digging it. Definitely not a whole new level. They are very similar. After I sold you the Deja', I realized just how much I missed it. So after saving up a few pennies, I decided to try the Mojo. I could have either on my board and be very pleased. Equally so. They just have different sweet spots and after I tweaked my '70 a little inside, all is the same again.

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Glad you are digging it. Definitely not a whole new level. They are very similar. After I sold you the Deja', I realized just how much I missed it. So after saving up a few pennies, I decided to try the Mojo. I could have either on my board and be very pleased. Equally so. They just have different sweet spots and after I tweaked my '70 a little inside, all is the same again.

I'm digging through old threads....Good to hear an opinion of someone who'd had both and can put to rest some of the "oh I should have bought the other one" feeing after reading so many gushing reviews of this vibe and that vibe. I just got the mini deja-I can't play it until my b'day, but I did play it at the store-put my dunlop to shame. Of course you wonder about the other ones like the Mojo, but I think my Trower fetish will be satisfied.:p

Archived