behringer effect pedals opinions?

gusfinley

• Members

I bought the CS100 compressor and was surprised by how good it sounded for mild compression. It's not the best for a super squashed sound, but works well to even out dynamics, and is fairly transparent and quiet if you don't crank the settings too much. It's not something to rave about, but it's decent, especially for the price. I like it better than the MXR Super Comp I've been using.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I own 3 Behringer pedals now and am planning to buy a few more. I have the CS100 compressor -- works great. I have the TO800 vintage overdrive -- works great. I have the UC100 chorus pedal -- works great, BUT ...it is not stereo, as claimed. The "B" channel is simply the dry signal. Behringer customer service confirmed that this is the case and acknowledged that this is an error -- but it's how ALL of them are, not just mine. Still it sounds great for a mono chorus pedal.

• Members

I own 3 Behringer pedals now and am planning to buy a few more. I have the CS100 compressor -- works great. I have the TO800 vintage overdrive -- works great. I have the UC100 chorus pedal -- works great, BUT ...it is not stereo, as claimed. The "B" channel is simply the dry signal. Behringer customer service conformed that this is the case and acknowledged that this is an error -- but it's how ALL of them are, not just mine. Still it sounds great for a mono chorus pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by guitarNed

... The "B" channel is simply the dry signal. Behringer customer service conformed that this is the case and acknowledged that this is an error -- but it's how ALL of them are, not just mine. Still it sounds great for a mono chorus pedal.

this is not all that uncommon -- certain boss and yamaha models come to mind. its not neccessarily 'wrong' either, just a different design, one that i would pay more for.

Archived