A question about paypal.

meep

• Members

:mad:

I am asking you guys because you probably use it the most...

I paid for a synth on eBay and the paypal payment went through. However, the guy is demanding now it has gone through that I send a cheque instead because my account is "unverified".

I have looked it up and am getting it verified as we speak (which will take a few days).

Of course I demand he refunds me before I even contemplate sending a cheque... :o

Is he in his right to do this once he gets paid? In his own words "it could {censored} him out of alot of money" if he doesn't do this.

Thanks. :)

• Members
Originally posted by meep

:mad:

I am asking you guys because you probably use it the most...

I paid for a synth on eBay and the paypal payment went through. However, the guy is demanding now it has gone through that I send a cheque instead because my account is "unverified".

I have looked it up and am getting it verified as we speak (which will take a few days).

Of course I demand he refunds me before I even contemplate sending a cheque...
:o

Is he in his right to do this once he gets paid? In his own words "it could {censored} him out of alot of money" if he doesn't do this.

Thanks.
:)

If he did not state "verified Paypal accounts only" in his auction, then I think he doesn't have a leg to stand on.

• Members

i think in situations like these you just have to be diplomatic and use good communication. The worse you can do is be a dick, because no one responds well even if you are right. Just reassure him the money will come or whatever. If it falls apart, you just wasted your time.

• Members

The problem is is that the money HAS already been recieved by him yet he still demands a cheque because my account is unverified. :(

I have been as amicable as possible but for obvious reasons can't send him a cheque until he refunds me. :mad:

I just don't understand what the deal is, he got his money fair and square.

Archived