Octave Pedals

aeonrevolution

• Members

Well, I'm guessing the octave sounds you liked from the white stripes are the octave down or two octaves down, like on blue orchid (which is a POG), so if you're looking for something similar... try a blue box if it *has* to be under 125. It's not perfect, but it'll get you that sound (without your distortion btw). If you're willing to spend more, maybe look into Mid-Fi Glitch Computer? I think you can get a similar sound out of that thing, but it might not be for you. Check it out.

Guest Anonymous
Originally posted by jeverist

Just save the extra $75 and get an octron. It is well worth the wait and extra cash. There's really nothing comparable.
:love:

That too. :')

devi-

• Members

I got an Octron with intentions of replacing my OC-3. A few months on my OC-3 is still on my board.

Just thought I'd mention it to add a bit of variety in opinion. I love the Octron to bits but it just doesn't sit well on my board. Kinda like putting a peacock into a cock fight.

Octavers will ultimately sound good/bad depending on how articulate you are, what pickup you're using and what gear you have.

• Members

I love my Octron too....but a funny thing is another one of my fav Octave pedals is one the Sean (LovePedal) built me. It's just a simple octave up pedal (no fuzz circuit), and when combined with a distortionfuzz box, it sounds pretty damn cool. I don't think he made too many of these either (maybe only one?).

• Members

Originally posted by Kriegsemann

or a used OC-2 (single note tracking only, but I am pretty sure it is analog... is it analog?)

Is that the pedal formerly known as the Octaver? Like the one Buddy Guy used (possibly:p) on the Damn Right I've Got The Blues album? I've got an older one of those, and it's analog. It's an okay effect, but it gets old quick.

Higher octaves? Fulltone Ultimate Octave. Beats the {censored} out of the Roger Mayer spaceship octave piece-of-crap.

• Members

i had the Boss OC2.

then it was stolen.

i immediately jumped to the HC user review database, hoping that i would get a little insight as to the best course of action in the event an OC2 was stolen.

The recommended procedure is to anally rape the thief's mother, while pouring sugar in his gas tank.

really didnt help me, cuz i thought the pedal kinda sucked.

i just let it be, thankful that it wasn't a cooler pedal that was stolen.

a year later, i got the octron. A million times better. tracks better. sounds better. looks better?

i am an octave user once again.

• Members

hmmm...after recently hearing clips from a EHX POG, i was sold immediately and want to purchase it now. however, it is rather pricy for a single effect. i just checked the octron site out, but it's not as much what i'm looking for.

if i want to be able to make my guitar sound like an organ, no bull{censored}...what octave pedals should i be checking out to buy?

Archived