• Members

I just got back from visiting the guy with one of the largest pedal collections on the East Coast - Tony Scrambler! People who have Analog Man's Guide To Vintage Effects are familar with the Tony Scrambler Collection, which is brilliantly documented in the book. :)

Tons and tons of cool pedals, Plexi Marshalls, lots of cool guitars... Holy shiite! I totally hit overload... I'm still numb. We almost blew his windows out with his vintage Hiwatt DR103 and the Les Paul. Good times! Man, I thought I had a lot of stuff. I usually feel like a shameful gear glutton, but my collection seems much more modest now. Thanks Tony! :cool:

• Members

Originally posted by Non-Digital Tom

I just got back from visiting the guy with one of the largest pedal collections on the East Coast - Tony Scrambler! People who have
Analog Man's Guide To Vintage Effects
are familar with the Tony Scrambler Collection, which is brilliantly documented in the book.
:)

Tons and tons of cool pedals, Plexi Marshalls, lots of cool guitars... Holy shiite! I totally hit overload... I'm still numb. We almost blew his windows out with his vintage Hiwatt DR103 and the Les Paul. Good times! Man, I thought I had a lot of stuff. I usually feel like a shameful gear glutton, but my collection seems much more modest now. Thanks Tony!
:cool:

I had the honor of playing his REAL 59 Les Paul through his 60s Plexi and man if Heaven had a sound..........that was it!

Tony's a great guy and I look forward to hanging with him at NAMM this year ( we had a blast last year )

Did you guys go for egg creams :D

• Members

Originally posted by Bruno

I had the honor of playing his REAL 59 Les Paul through his 60s Plexi and man if Heaven had a sound..........that was it!

Tony's a great guy and I look forward to hanging with him at NAMM this year ( we had a blast last year )

Did you guys go for egg creams
:D

Yup, that's the LP I was referring to. I got to play it for a couple of hours straight. I played it through about 8 different amps. And I brought him a '59 Gibson GA-40 Les Paul amp to match his '59 LP.

BTW - No egg creams, pizza. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by Non-Digital Tom

Yup, that's the LP I was referring to. I got to play it for a couple of hours straight. I played it through about 8 different amps. And I brought him a '59 Gibson GA-40 Les Paul amp to match his '59 LP.

BTW - No egg creams, pizza.
:thu:

Address? Telephone number? Safe code? Cats name?

:D :D

• Members

i got to play what i believe was a 59 paul through an original plexi myself earlier this year and it was indeed heaven.

i say what i believe to be a real 59 because the owner wouldn't tell me what year it was...he just said that it was exceedingly rare and i may never get my hands on another one. it was however unreal and currently lives in south west florida.

we had a hotplate and a beano boost going also through a mojotone openback 212 cab

• Members

Very cool!!

Tony came to my shop and I showed him my Les Pauls and it was funny, he was afraid to touch them even though he has the real deal! I have to make it down there and try those amps but I think it will be VERY hard to put that guitar down. At least I can be happy that mine have more flame :rolleyes::D

We'll see which one sounds best!

Archived