Juno-G vs Alesis Fusion?

skier4467

• Members

Hmmm,

Well, you're probably gonna get more out of the Fusion.

Has more synth tweakability for techno anyway.

The piano/rhodes/organs sounds pretty decent.

You can expand the Roland with SRX cards for more bread and butter sounds - but the Fusion also offers sampling.

Overall, i think the Fusion would suit you better.

Try both in a store tho - see what fits you better.

• Members

Both will have good soundsets, with the G having THAT ROLAND SOUND and the Fusion having something a little less defined, definately edgier -- whatever! -- but perhaps with a touch less polish and usability in the mix.

TIE (For now ... The Fusion has alot of potential for new sound creation that's still untapped while the Juno-G is much more of a closed book.)

The Fusion has many more features -- more polyphony, different synth types, simultaneous 8-track HD recording, full sampling, good keybed with aftertouch, higher-resolution screen, pads, mod wheel vs. Roland's sassystick -- but you could argue the Juno-G has the better interface.

FUSION

They are priced the same, but build quality is not. Here, the Fusion wins hands down -- even if a few bits of design don't score with everyone. It IS solid and mostly made of metal where it counts. Good for gigging. The soft buttons are easy to press fast. As for the Fusion's hard drive -- which is a boon in every other way but gigging. That may be where the Juno-G has the advantage, as it uses a SLOW and SAFE card ... Time will tell there, but for inexpensive as these machines are ...

FUSION

But seriously, don't get either.

Can I interest you in a Triton Lovely Edition? :cool: Or maybe even a Korg Terrific Rompler? I love their combis!

• Members

If I were looking for a new board the FUSION would be the one and I know I would have a blast using it. I actually wish I would've had the option of getting a board like the Fusion when I first started out. This would be a AWESOME first board, but a very very welcome addition to any synth rig.

Juno G .......:p Thumbs WAYYYY down for me. More like thumbs down to Roland. (How dare they put the Juno name on their standard rompler that has been done over and over again)

• Members

One little issue with the Fusion - none opf its fx have tempo sync, so you would have to tweak, delays yourself, but you could probably pick up a TC - D-Two delay unit as well s/h for very little these days.

otherwise +1 for Fusion

:thu:

Archived