reverb pedal

Ben Glass

• Members

Someone really needs to make a recording of a bunch of reverb pedals for comparison.

Seems like this question is brought up all too often (myself included).

At the very least, someone with the digiverb, holy grail, and RV-5 could make a comparison recording.

• Members

I'm looking for a true stereo compact reverb pedal, so I've done a little research here.

Holy Grail - I own it. It sounds gorgeous, but it's noisy. Very noisy.

Alesis rack units (Midiverb, Microverb, Nanoverb) - owned all of them. Good sounds, but again noisy.

RV5 - Tried one out. True stereo (the right and left channels are kept discrete), pretty tinny sounding, definitely digital.

Verbzilla - Haven't tried it out yet. Sounds great, lotsa settings, the Octoverb is really cool, true stereo.

RV2,3 - Can't see them being better than the RV5. Plus they're not true stereo.

• Members

Originally posted by IndofunkCity

RV2,3 - Can't see them being better than the RV5. Plus they're not true stereo.

i heard an RV2 the other night, they actually sound amazingly good. i wouldnt have guessed it was a boss, it didnt have any of that characteristic staleness. it was very nice.

• Members
Originally posted by IndofunkCity

Dude. What are your thoughts on the Verbzilla vs the RV5? I'm only interested in the hall and spring settings...

Noise? Sound? Ease of use? Settings/tweakability?

Tanks
:wave:

Imo, the verbzilla runs rings around the rv5 regarding quality of sound. The only noise issue I noticed was in including it in my power daisy-chain, as has been mentioned here by others. I just power it from a separate wart and problem solved. All the verb settings sound great to me. The mix knob on mine is weird. Mine has a detent about 3/4 through it's turn, beyond which it is way saturated. I haven't heard anyone else mention this here, yet. In any case, this isn't an issue for me considering that I don't use totally wet reverb, and the sound quality of the thing is what sold me. Very tweakable. Have you tried it, yet?

• Members

I've just got one of the new Marshall Reflector (RF-1) pedals, and can quite happily say that it sounds really good, it's not noisy, and the best thing was that it was cheap. I like a bargain when it performs well.

Marshall Reflector (RF-1).

• Members

Last night I was really having a lot of fun with my Verbzilla, playing with it's more offbeat features. You can do a lot of crazy stuff with the octo and echo settings if you saturate the mix and crank up the decay dial, then play around with the tone and time dials. You can get some really unique and fun sounds. I can't get enough of this pedal. :cool: :cool:

:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by weebz

Last night I was really having a lot of fun with my Verbzilla, playing with it's more offbeat features. You can do a lot of crazy stuff with the octo and echo settings if you saturate the mix and crank up the decay dial, then play around with the tone and time dials. You can get some really unique and fun sounds. I can't get enough of this pedal.
:cool:
:cool:

:thu:

Exactly. Lots of cool sounds to be had, indeed. weebz, did you notice the 3/4 detent on the mix knob?

• Members
Originally posted by 5F1G

Exactly. Lots of cool sounds to be had, indeed. weebz, did you notice the 3/4 detent on the mix knob?

I remember you saying that and I was messing with the mix knob to see if mine did the same thing. I tend to agree with you (I don't think you have a bad pedal). Right around the 3/4 mix it kicks into "saturation overdrive" if you know what I mean. It seems to be very subtle changes as you turn it then it jumps real suddenly. It doesn't bother me much though, I can work around that. :o

Archived