Am I doing a mistake not buying a JX3P??

gilwe

• Members

I got a PG300+JX3P in my house for test. Didn't like it much at all.

It seems to be very limited and sounds as good as alpha Juno.

Do you think I miss anything ?? I don't think I'd come across them both in the near future. :confused:

• Members

I used to own a JX3p and that thing is capable of a lot of very nice sounds from leads to lush pads and strings. I also did a great though unique organ on it. I'd buy one in a heartbeat (for the right price). The Programmer is a must for this beast though.

aL

• Members

Since you already have the MKS-70 and JX8P you can pass with no guilt and no regrets. We'll let ya. ;)

It was never a favorite of mine either. There's nothing you haven't explored on this synth if you've spent even a half-hour on it. It's pretty basic.

• Members

I never played one, but from my understanding it's supposed to have a more aggressive character than the 8P/10/MKS70. But won't get anywhere near the silky shimmering type strings of the latter - the strings here are rougher and more basic, though still lush.

I've been curious about this one, just like I've been curious to know how synths like BitOne or AX80 sound. But I've recently become quite cautious about getting any more DCO based kit. Since getting the JX-10 I'm pretty convinced I've got most of that type of sound covered and then some. If I get another analog poly it's going to be one of the big boys.

• Members

I do have a MKS70 and a JX8P, but currently both of them are out of work ! The MKS70 still has the same old display problem no matter how I tried fixing it (it appears that the problem lays with the display tube itself and that there's nothing much you can do about it). The JX8P - I had one in a perfect condition which I (unfortunately sold) and the other which I refurbished but started to give me a lot of problems.

I will probably get another (working) ones and will keep those for spare parts in the future. But I'd really like to get a JX10 really :))

As for the JX3P - there's nothing that excited me about it, in case I would buy it, it would be only because it is rare with its dedicated PG300. Basically, it really sounds a lot like an Alpha Juno.

Archived