OT: Good, Affordable 12-String Acoustics?

IAmAScientist

• Members

Just make sure the tuner are really good otherwise you will hate picking up your inexpensive 12 string b/c you will be spending 80% of your time tweaking the tuning. Cheap 12 strings are the worst for those problems.

I had a Rhode Island early 70's Guild that was {censored}ing amazing...it was so loud I could barely hear my Martin d-35 (a very loud guitar) when both were being played. Picked it up for 400 Canadian and sold it for 1400 Canadian:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by jonny guitar

Just make sure the tuner are really good otherwise you will hate picking up your inexpensive 12 string b/c you will be spending 80% of your time tweaking the tuning. Cheap 12 strings are the worst for those problems.

I had a Rhode Island early 70's Guild that was {censored}ing amazing...it was so loud I could barely hear my Martin d-35 (a very loud guitar) when both were being played. Picked it up for 400 Canadian and sold it for 1400 Canadian:thu:

Sounds like a good deal. I've played many bad 12-strings, which is why I thought I'd ask this forum's advice on which brands tended to be less crappy. Deans and Ovations are cheap and look decent to me. Are either of these brands reasonably nice to play?

• Members

It looks like Epiphone makes so pretty nice looking 12-string acoustics...they sell copies of the Hummingbird, the EJ-200, and more. Anyone ever played an Epiphone acoustic? One of the newer ones? From my experience with Epiphone eletrics, I would never buy one again, but maybe the acoustics are better? Let me know.

Archived