Filter/Synth Pedals for Bass? Recommendations, please.

takeout

• Members

I want to get down and dubby. I also want to be able to create deep, sustained synth-y tones. I need good tracking down to D below low E on bass guitar. Whatcha got for me?

I'm looking at the Line 6 FM and Moogerfooger bass MuRF or Low-Pass right now. Opinions on these and/or alternate suggestions welcomed.

• Members

The Akai SB1 Deep Impact is probably the most phenomenal option out there ... but its price has become incredibly inflated as of late. :(:freak:

Have you tried the Digitech Bass Synth Wah? I used to have the guitar equivalent, and it was pretty cool.

• Members

I've heard nothing but bad reviews of the Boss.

I'm leery of anything made by EH. Mainly due to reliability, and the fact that I'd immediately have to have it modded for true bypass. Still, they intrigue me.

It's looking more and more like the Akai - although that Rastop stuff looks interesting.

• Members

Originally posted by Boron

CROWTHER AUDIO PRUNES AND CUSTARD.

Very old skool synth sounding....bwaoooooow, bwaaang, and bjlbjlbjlbjlbljlbjljljljlllllllllllll.......

not a smooth sound - but a great sound.

Are there sound clips anywhere?

• Members

if you go for a deep impact try and play with one 1st. i got 2 of them (1 for a friend) a few years ago and neither of us kept em. it's got this squarewave distortion that you will probably either love or hate. my friend hated it, i liked it but wanted more out of it.

i also have a prunes & custard (had 2 of those at one point too...1 for a friend) neither of us has parted with those. it's kind of a different beast though as the envolope is preset and just reacts differently to your playing & the gain setting.

it's tough to get that kinda setup goin for

• Members
Originally posted by 48729zjd

Dude that Uglyface sounds awesome, anyone else got one?

HCFX forumite PB Wilson produced a batch of them awhile ago, and a few folks who frequent this forum bought an Uglyface from him ... so there should be at least one other person who can offer commentary. :thu:

Here's a pic of mine ...

Uglyface.jpg

:love:

• Members
Originally posted by ck3

HCFX forumite PB Wilson produced a batch of them awhile ago, and a few folks who frequent this forum bought an Uglyface from him ... so there should be at least one other person who can offer commentary.
:thu:

Here's a pic of mine ...

Uglyface.jpg

:love:

Oh so that's what was in the middle of your pedal board...saw it on the 2005 pedalboard thread. By the way I was going to have someone build it for me but decided to wait till after Xmas. Can't wait till next year. :love:

• Members

Originally posted by vintageabuser

if you go for a deep impact try and play with one 1st. i got 2 of them (1 for a friend) a few years ago and neither of us kept em. it's got this squarewave distortion that you will probably either love or hate. my friend hated it, i liked it but wanted more out of it.

i also have a prunes & custard (had 2 of those at one point too...1 for a friend) neither of us has parted with those. it's kind of a different beast though as the envolope is preset and just reacts differently to your playing & the gain setting.

it's tough to get that kinda setup goin for

Good tips; thanks.

Looks like no one's real fond of the Line 6 version. Too bad - it seemed pretty versatile, although I hear it doesn't track all that well on bass.

Anyone got any input on the EH Bass Microsynth? Are they a nightmare to keep running?

Archived