First impressions of RC-XL20

phishmarisol

• Members

I have only played around with it a little (the family can't stand loops :mad: ) but I dig it. I was a little frustrated at first, had to download the manual to get it going. I was used to a very simple looper with the Rang and even the DL-4 was straight forward. Maybe with a little more patience I would have figured out this one too but I'm not patient. So anyway once I got it going I was impressed with the sound quality. I feel like it is much better than both the DL-4 (which was cold) and the Boomerang (quality degradation and hiss). It also seems much easier to "catch" than either of those loopers. Maybe I've just had more experience in looping but it was easier than the DD-6 as well. Is there some kind of sync function on it that helps out with the start of the loops? I wish the knobs where a little bigger so I could easily adjust the sound input/output with my feet but it's not that bad. I didn't find the reverse very useful but maybe later. I would probably still recommend the rang to people that are using it as a live tool because of the layout but this is the looper I'm sticking with.*

*unless when I get my DD-20 I am satisfied with it's looping capibilities or if I can't resist the DD-50 next year.:D

• Members
Originally posted by Fourth Floor

RC50 looks the {censored} but it's big like a Boomerang. If you want looping the DD20 isn't your guy.

I'd like the sound quality of the RC20XL to be higher before I get one. But it could be very useful and in a fairly compact package.

Size isn't an issue with me...no pedal board, no gigs...I've got plenty of room on my floor.:D

Do you know what the sample rate for the RC-20XL is? I know the 50 is gonna be 44.1 but I would like a comparison between the DL-4, Rang, and 20XL. Either way the 20XL sounds better to my ears than either of the others.

Archived