Prescription Experience users, help me out!!

Chris Nuccio

• Members

Alright so I got one of these things last night.

I figure "4 knobs, piece of cake!!"

And I read all the reviews and just assumed that everyone who says that it's tough to use is just stupid. :)

Does anyone have any amazing settings or advice??

In a review, someone said that he just uses it for the octave and swell, how is that possible?? You can't use the octave without the fuzz and you can't use the swell without the octave.

Oh, and the swell just isn't as good as I thought it would be either. :cry: And I love the fuzz, but not when you use the octave and swell with it.

And....... if I drill a sweet hole and add a dc jack, with it hum like mad, or do I have to add extra filtering?

• Members

i find it needs to be tweaked to sound good as a fuzz as opposed to octave and swell. for fuzz i set it brighter and gainier, but the octave and swell don't "float" For octave and swell I set it bassier and less gain, can get backwards and good octaves but just the fuzz doesn't have enough teeth. No big deal, I never use it as a straight fuzz, only as an octave and swell. Remember!! to get proper swell I find I need to use the neck pickup with the tone rolled off. Pick very deliberately over the neck pickup, end of the neck and you will find just the right touch to make things swell and float. here is my setting"
volume 1 oclock, tone 10 ocklock, tone 2 oclock, swell 2 oclock. PS Do all experiences have the gain labeled tone? kinda stupid having two controls labled tone.

• Members

Looks like you scored an EXP with swirl paint job. Use a Carbon Zinc battery with it for best results. It don't like alkaline for some reason. Don't modify it. It will loose value if you one day sell it.

Here's my EXP setting (clock time) for Fuzz, Octave and Swell.

Vol. 11
Tone 10
Tone 2:30
Swell 1:00

• Members
Originally posted by Chris Nuccio

Yeah, mine says Volume Tone Tone and Swell.

Thanks for the advice. Maybe this pedal just isn't for me.
:cry:

I attached a bad pic that shows off how ugly and swirly mine is. Any chance that the tie dye ones are worth a ton more?
:)

A ton more nope.....you are lucky if you can get $220-250 for the pedal. It is a great pedal to have in the collection :thu:

• Members
Originally posted by StompboxMan

Looks like you scored an EXP with swirl paint job. Use a Carbon Zinc battery with it for best results. It don't like alkaline for some reason. Don't modify it. It will loose value if you one day sell it.

Here's my EXP setting (clock time) for Fuzz, Octave and Swell.

Vol. 11

Tone 10

Tone 2:30

Swell 1:00

Hmmmm, I do have an alkaline in there right now. You did talk me out of drilling a hole in it too.

Thanks for the settings.

Originally posted by Bruno

A ton more nope.....you are lucky if you can get $220-250 for the pedal. It is a great pedal to have in the collection
:thu:

I'd be {censored}ing excited to get $220 for this thing. I don't even wanna say what I paid for this thing, because I don't want to make everyone jealous. :)

And yes, it's a cool pedal to have, but as of now I don't think it's practical for me to keep it. We'll see if I can figure it out.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

I have a PE Rx Overdriver, and I contacted the builder, Jack, and he put a power jack, and LED on it for $40. Really cool guy too. I'm not too worried about the resale value, as I don't plan on selling it. I'm more of a player/hoarder, than collector.

• Members

Originally posted by jackpotjewell

I have a PE Rx Overdriver, and I contacted the builder, Jack, and he put a power jack, and LED on it for $40. Really cool guy too. I'm not too worried about the resale value, as I don't plan on selling it. I'm more of a player/hoarder, than collector.

What is Jacks contact info?

• Members

I have a PE Outbox and it is a great octave fuzz. I bought it after trying it out at elderly music. You can't even tell what the heck it is supposed to do from the website: "An advanced module featuring filtering options" What a lame description.

The middle footswitch gives you a preset mid-scooped eq and the third footswitch engages a filter/eq that sort of sweeps the mid frequency. You won't really use the extra footswitches since each one gives you a different volume that you have to compensate for with the volume knob.

Even with these quircks I've kept mine for several years now, the octave sounds are just awesome!

Archived