Eddie plays the Blues (or at least tries to)

Eddie

• Members

I've heard some comments from people who are not happy with the Rapidshare download process.

Unfortunately that's one of my best options, since it's free :)

It's already been downloaded 4 times earlier today. Perhaps it will work fine later. Thanks for trying anyway :)

Oh, and I forgot, Happy Holidays to you too DaSkip, and to everybody!

• Members

yes it works again. but it needs a manual

click on free down load on the first page.

then go down on the second page to the bottom where a counter goes down and wait till it is set to zero.

type the code you get then and the downloading starts.

:)

typing this while listen to your blues. :cool:

• Members
Originally posted by DaSkip

I don't know if I have RapidShare or not. I'll make a point to listen to it.

I cannot resist Blues.
:cool:

Rapidshare is just a hosting service, so you just download files from their servers but there's no need for any software (except for your browser).

The steps are as follows:

1. Click on the link above
2. Select Free (where it says "You want to download 8barbluesbass.mp3")
3. From there I think it makes you wait a few seconds, and maybe it asks you to enter a few letters that should be displayed on the page.

Let me know if you run into any problems. I hope you like it. I LOVED the chord progression, so I decided to record it. :)

• Members

Thanks for the comments :)

If anyone is interested in a backing track, just let me know. I could record some drums, bass, and rhythm guitar and/or keyboards (B3, Rhodes, Piano). Just let me know and I'll record it.

gappie, I'll post the chord progression later tonight. It has some chords that were unusual for me. I loved learning this progression. :)

• Members

Here's the chord progression:

Eb/G7/Cm Cm(maj7)/Bbm7 Eb9/Ab7 Adim/ Eb9 Db9 C9/B7 Bb7/Eb6 Bb7(#5)

I took it from Ultimate Blues Play Along (Musicians Institute). The song is called Deja Blue, By Steve Trovato and Paul Farnen, with a solo by Robben Ford. I just slowed it down and made my own interpretation. Robben's solo is better than mine :D

• Members

I forgot to add that if you want the backing track, let me know if you like the 45 bpm tempo. I slowed it since I wanted to practice playing at this tempo. The original is at 60 bpm, and played at >100 bpm it takes on a different flavor and sounds pretty good too.

• Members

Thanks for listening Ross.
While I don't try to consciously emulate any player, Clapton is indeed one of my guitar heroes. With one band in the 80's we would start rehearsals playing Cocaine, She's Waiting, Wonderful Tonight, etc.
I loved playing Let it Grow and Dear Lord on acoustic. And I often go back to his Crossroads box set and the Bluesbreakers 'Beano' album.
I did miss most of the recent Cream concert on PBS, but he certainly has some great stuff!
I'm not worthy :)

• Members
Originally posted by Eddie

Here's the chord progression:

Eb/G7/Cm Cm(maj7)/Bbm7 Eb9/Ab7 Adim/ Eb9 Db9 C9/B7 Bb7/Eb6 Bb7(#5)

I took it from Ultimate Blues Play Along (Musicians Institute). The song is called Deja Blue, By Steve Trovato and Paul Farnen, with a solo by Robben Ford. I just slowed it down and made my own interpretation. Robben's solo is better than mine
:D

interesting... ill check it out tomorow. :thu:

Archived