Anyone have a Zoom G7 yet ?

SeeMoore

• Members

Had one for a week now.

Haven't written a review because of the chaos that is the holiday season. That & a new ps2 jones.

Here's what I think so far:

I'll preface to say that I test drove the non-expression pedal G2 & it's quality/value led me to getting the G7 as a main tone generator.

Out of the box I found the unit to be solid with a good weight to it. It feels like it'll last.

Sounds are pretty much the same as the G2 with a few extra bells & whistles.

I've only really dialed up one sound so far - a main/rhythm dirty patch using the BG Crunch (Boogie MK III Combo, as per the manual) as a base, with a little delay thrown on top.

The tube energiser function does add something to the overall sound & since it's not programmable, I've only mucked with it briefly. The real test of how this function & the unit as a whole fares, will be at band vol, which'll be in the next week or so.

Overall, a definite leap forward in all respects from previous zoom multis.
As it should be.

Look for a more in-depth account to follow.

• Members

Originally posted by Electric I

Had one for a week now.

Haven't written a review because of the chaos that is the holiday season. That & a new ps2 jones.

Here's what I think so far:

I'll preface to say that I test drove the non-expression pedal G2 & it's quality/value led me to getting the G7 as a main tone generator.

Out of the box I found the unit to be solid with a good weight to it. It feels like it'll last.

Sounds are pretty much the same as the G2 with a few extra bells & whistles.

I've only really dialed up one sound so far - a main/rhythm dirty patch using the BG Crunch (Boogie MK III Combo, as per the manual) as a base, with a little delay thrown on top.

The tube energiser function does add something to the overall sound & since it's not programmable, I've only mucked with it briefly. The real test of how this function & the unit as a whole fares, will be at band vol, which'll be in the next week or so.

Overall, a definite leap forward in all respects from previous zoom multis.

As it should be.

Look for a more in-depth account to follow.

Thank you, I'm looking forward to hearing how it performs in a live setting.

I have the G2 and it does sound good. I'm mainly looking to get more control over patch changes and the use of an expression pedal, two of 'em with the G9.

Archived