Fender Blender Received, but Questions

LancerMongoose

• Members

This thing really is a beast. Can someone with experience with one of these answer a question or two?

The volume seems to actually be dropped from my normal clean when the tone boost is not engaged and the blend is set below pretty much full (even with the volume maxed). Does/did anyone else have this experience with a Fender Blender?

Of course, with the tone boost engaged and the blend around 7 and above it is quite loud.

It actually seems farely quiet with the volume at 10 and the blend anywhere below 7 without the tone boost engaged. Can someone help me out? Is this just how tricky this pedal really is? Or is it just meant to be cranked and boosted all the time?

It basically seems unusably quiet unless the tone boost is engaged, since I stomp on it after playing some clean and its quieter....

Thanks in advance

EDIT: doh, someone else just asked this... I gave a bit more detail, so hopefully my question is clear.

• Members

I replied in the other thread, but thought it might be prudent to reiterate that you are not the only person experiencing this problem. :freak:

If anyone is looking for a blender without the dreaded "non-boost-mode volume dip", I'd definitely recommend one of the clones that are currently available. I used to have the MMFX Fender Bender, and, though it had some minor durability issues, it had a much more balanced output than the official Fender reissue.

Archived