OT; Question about the movie HEAT!

TIKILOCKEDOUT

• Members

Ok ... I haven't even looked at the "what movie can you watch over and over" thread but HEAT is definately in my top 5.

A question I have is this ... can anybody tell me what is the exact model Ford that Pacino is driving in the film ... you know the one, black leather seats, black paint job etc?

• Members

Originally posted by TIKIROCKER

Ok ... I haven't even looked at the "what movie can you watch over and over" thread but HEAT is definately in my top 5.

A question I have is this ... can anybody tell me what is the exact model Ford that Pacino is driving in the film ... you know the one, black leather seats, black paint job etc?

lots of cops in the states drive modified Ford LTD's.

pretty standard issue - and the car in the movie didn't look like it was much different, aside from the leather.

• Members

Originally posted by sonaboy

lots of cops in the states drive modified Ford LTD's.

pretty standard issue - and the car in the movie didn't look like it was much different, aside from the leather.

Yup, it looked fairly stock on the outside much like our own cop cars ... usually they have well tuned engines/modded as you say. I was curious what year it was though ... the film was made in 95 ... wonder if it was a 95 then?

Funny thing is I have a car very similar but it's silver ... loved the look of the black though with painted black rims and no caps ... just functional and sleek.

• Members
Originally posted by Marin Timmy

It's a 1992 or 1993 Ford Crown Victoria.

Check out Moby's score for the film. "God Moving Over The Face Of The Waters," while heavily indebted to Phillip Glass, is terrific.

Thanks mate! ....on the soundtrack, way ahead of you there ... I have had the HEAT soundtrack for years as it's a favourite. The track I really love is Moby covering Joy Division ... thats the great scene when Hanna chases down Neil on the freeway which leads to them having the famous face to face. ;)

Archived