OT: Anybody try that "Airborne" cold remidy?

Joe Klink

• Members

I'm scratching my head, wondering how I let myself get scammed into thinking this stuff would work. Right now I'm sitting here with a full blown cold. I picked up Airborne and started taking it at the first sign of a sore throat.

So I decided to read the package. Wow - now it's clear. Airborne does NOTHING. NOTHING AT ALL. They don't even claim that it does anything, they just tell you to take it. There's no active ingredient, there are no specific symptoms that it will alleviate, there's not even a hint that this product will have any affect on your cold. Nothing at all. That's how they get away with this scam.

Very clever. It's disturbing that a product is marketed this way. We all want a cure for the common cold, and the people at Airborne took this opportunity to stick it too you.

• Members

I have used it with a lot of success this last fall. Right now, I am getting my ass kicked by a head-cold. I have taken airborne a number of times the last few days and it isn't really touching it.

Now for plan B: Nyquil in copious doses and plenty of sleep...

Seriously, Airborne has squashed a number of colds for me the last few months. The stuff really works. It isn't going to stop everything, though.

• Members

This year is strange to me as far as Airborne goes. I was drinking a glass as I was reading your post. I never even heard of the stuff til this year and for some reason literally everyone's house I went to over the holiday week had one or more tubes of the stuff. Weird. Did they do some kind of huge marketing thing this year or did everyone just decide to try it? It just seems to have gone from nowhere to everywhere. Im sure the Airborne folks are loving it.

• Members

Originally posted by mst3k

This year is strange to me as far as Airborne goes. I was drinking a glass as I was reading your post. I never even heard of the stuff til this year and for some reason literally everyone's house I went to over the holiday week had one or more tubes of the stuff. Weird. Did they do some kind of huge marketing thing this year or did everyone just decide to try it? It just seems to have gone from nowhere to everywhere. Im sure the Airborne folks are loving it.

I have plenty of times when I think I'm getting a cold, and then it never materializes. I suppose that if I took Airborne I would then think it worked. But seriously , it's a placebo. The ad sounds great. you think there's this great remidy. But back up a little--- - if there's a cure for the common cold, don't you think it would be on the front pages?

The funny part is that no matter how much you search, you won't find any claim that this stuff actually does anything! It just blows me away. It shows how stupid consumers are. And how clever the Airborne marketting people are. It's almost like a magic trick. Slight of hand. We're decieved right before our eyes and we don't even realize it.

• Members
Originally posted by Joe Klink

I have plenty of times when I think I'm getting a cold, and then it never materializes. I suppose that if I took Airborne I would then think it worked. But seriously , it's a placebo. The ad sounds great. you think there's this great remidy. But back up a little--- - if there's a cure for the common cold, don't you think it would be on the front pages?

The funny part is that no matter how much you search, you won't find any claim that this stuff actually does anything! It just blows me away. It shows how stupid consumers are. And how clever the Airborne marketting people are. It's almost like a magic trick. Slight of hand. We're decieved right before our eyes and we don't even realize it.

i bet it is a placebo. Seriously, i allways tell myself that i'm not gonna get a cold. I actually 'convince' my body that i'm going to stay healthy. And the times that i do get a cold are few and far between. I drink lots of water and tea, which helps it seems. But i think alot of it is mental. Convince your body that your not going to get a cold, and 99% of the time i bet your not going to get one.

• Members

Originally posted by Joe Klink

All I can say is that the past 5 years I have had at least 3 colds every autumn. This last autumn I had none. The only difference in what I did was the use of Airborne. That's proof enough for me.

• Members

Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

I

Now for plan B: Nyquil in copious doses and plenty of sleep...

I got slammed by a cold last week. High doses of Nyquil and lots of sleep let me kick it in a couple of days. Except for the sinuses ... insane amts of sudafed are the only thing that works on those

• Members

I am sure it is a con!
I lived on it before, during an after last years NAMM....
Sick as a pig afterwards!
This year, I will try alcohol!
Bruno is buying!
:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by adolf

I am sure it is a con!

I lived on it before, during an after last years NAMM....

Sick as a pig afterwards!

This year, I will try alcohol!

Bruno is buying!

:thu:

It has taken me a week to get better from this bull{censored} that is going around. I would buy this stuff in a heartbeat!

• Members

Howard Stern started promoting it.

Archived