Daaamn! (Digitech)

Rocked Star

• Members

So, I've been reading a few of the threads where y'all were talking pretty highly of the Screamin' Blues and the Bad Monkey. I had an extra few bucks in my pocket and bought both today. All I can say is WOW! The Screamin' Blues sounds awesome and I used the Bad Monkey to boost. It sounded great too. I did wish it had a touch more gain on tap, but for the price and it's sound, it didn't really matter much. I didn't recognize any tonal loss for the most part from these two pedals and I got so extremely close to matching the sound of my amp I couldn't believe it. I know it's an inexpensive pedal and it is for the most part a knock off of a Blues Driver, but how would a Keeley modded Blues Driver fair in comparison to the Screamin' Blues? Does Keeley mod a Screamin' Blues? I'm just so amazed with these things. Thanx for the heads up you guys!:thu:

• Members

I've been trying to spread the word on the Screamin'Blues around here for awhile.
Great pedal for the money. I'm not a fan of Digitech's stuff usually but I gotta give them credit for coming out with some good analog pedals like the SB and BM. Boss just seems to be content to keep selling the same line-up of over priced and out-dated pedals year after year. Enjoy the new pedals!:thu:

• Members
Originally posted by mrmikers

Boss just seems to be content to keep selling the same line-up of over priced and out-dated pedals year after year.
:thu:

VERY true. And a lot of them just don't sound all that great.

I tried the Digitech Screamin' Blues a few months ago, and it just didn't do it for me. However, I LOVE my Bad Monkey. It's a good pedal (not just a good pedal for the money). In fairness to the Screamin' Blues, I didn't like the Boss Blues Driver either, but if I did, I would have chosen the Digitech over the BD.

Archived