Euthymia info???

NoVaTa2iSt

• Members

I'm looking to upgrade my fuzz, and i'm interested in the Euthymia stuff. I play in a heavy stoner/doom band. I currently use a Russian muff and like the bassy higher gain of it. Which of the following is the bassiest and gainiest of the lot

ICBM

Crucible GE

Crucible SI

Or any input on other pedals welcome as well

• Members
Originally posted by Euthymia

My recommendation for stoner-doom fuzz with mucho booooty would be the Crucible Si.

Barry at
Guitar Player
thought it had a "massive" bottom end.

Hi

yesterday (european time) i listened to Gainster's clips of the Crucible Si, and then i left job with my iPod playing "Funhouse" (Stooges)...

... i must admit those Crucible clips nailed the fuzz leads of "Funhouse"...

but i've red that the Crusible Si sounds more like a Muff than a Si Fuzz Face in an article/link from on your site :confused:

• Members
Originally posted by newstrat60

Hi

yesterday (european time) i listened to Gainster's clips of the Crucible Si, and then i left job with my iPod playing "Funhouse" (Stooges)...

... i must admit those Crucible clips nailed the fuzz leads of "Funhouse"...

but i've red that the Crusible Si sounds more like a Muff than a Si Fuzz Face in an article/link from on your site
:confused:

Nope. I got a Crucible Si. Sounds like a great Si Fuzz Face and nothing like a Big Muff.

BTW, the ICBM gets the 1st Montrose album tones(Ronnie used a Big Muff) down cold!

• Members

Yeah, I don't know what Barry was on about with that. He actually owns a Little Big Muff and an ICBM Fuzz and he knows the Crucible Si doesn't sound like a friggin' Big Muff.

He may have meant that the amount of fuzz and sustain available was more like his experiences with Big Muffs than his experiences with old germanium FF's. Or some other aspect. Dunno.

He was also the first person I ever heard mention AM radio noise (since had 1 other, whose pedal I modded with an input cap to get rid of the radio).

As with all reviews, it's just one guy's opinion. To him, with his guitar and amp, it reminded him in that moment more of a BMP than a FF.

Doesn't sound that way to me, though, nor anyone else I've heard from.

The clips represent the tone very well.

I hope you try it and like it!

Originally posted by newstrat60

i've red that the Crucible Si sounds more like a Muff than a Si Fuzz Face in an article/link from on your site
:confused:

Archived