When will be out the next modelers generation?

Renato

• Members

Originally posted by Renato

I'm not convinced yet with the ones out there right now (PODxt, V-AMP, ToneLab), although they seem to be in the right direction. What do you think?

The next would most likely something that caters to artist modelling meaning doing the tones of Hendrix, Clapton, Holdsworth, Gilmour and etc... Sorta like a more advance version of the Digitech Artist Series, i know the POD does something similar now but im pretty sure its gonna have a ton or more featues, tone from a specific album or song with the ability to change guitar or amps or effects.

• Members

I think we would need just more definition to capture more accurately the amp's tones and dynamics. wich would only mean better hardware/software, and nowadays that's only a matter of (little) time. that's why I imagine it can't take long for a new versions of the existing ones.

• Members

software modelers should probably be going 64-bit floating point (vs current 32-bit). Sonar 5 supports 64-bit int, but it works only on a 64-bit OS, apparently. May be, some new algorythms - for instance, NI Guitar Rig's cab modeler is pretty much a convolution reverb.. and hardware modelers.. who knows. may be, improving adda conversion.

• Moderators

Originally posted by Renato

I'm not convinced yet with the ones out there right now (PODxt, V-AMP, ToneLab), although they seem to be in the right direction. What do you think?

It will depend on the next generation of DSP chips to be produced by Motorola or TI. Then the music companies can adapt their algorithms to take advantage of the hardware.

regards, Jack

Archived