Powertran

andthenurse

• Members

There was a company in the 70's called Powertran from England. They made synthesizers in kit form, namely the Transcendent 2000. Maybe some sequencers as well. If I remeber it correctly, it was Tim Orr from the legendary EMS synth comany that designed the Transcendent and maybe your pedal as well.

• Members

Originally posted by Charlie-o
Well a few weeks before Christmas I bought a Powertran Black Hole chorus/vibrato pedal off the 'bay. It was sold as not working.

Basically it has two stomp switches, one for bypass and one to switch between chorus and vibrato. The bypass is fine, but the other switch had lost its 'click' and was not connected, 5 wires were just loose in the case; red, black, brown, green and yellow.

By process of elimination connecting the yellow and green switched between the two effects, but don't know what the others do.

Also there is a two position rotary switch to select chorus modes, three connections but no wires to the circuit board and no indication where they should go.

I'm not particularly hopefull that someone can figure out the wiring, but does anyone have on/know someone who has one, a description or photo of the interior wiring would be a great help.

Thanks, Charlie

Archived