where to buy laptop online?

teeth

• Members

Originally posted by teeth

any suggestions?

i know about tigerdirect and newegg.

any other sites with good deals and good customer service?

Are you interested in a brand name or not?

I'd steer away from Newegg. Go to places like Pricewatch.com to check prices, just becareful of what company you choose.

Bizrate and Nextag are also good prices comparison sites.

• Members

Originally posted by MadSkillzMan

im an apple fan, so...theres my vote

but i only use em for what theyre good for, insaine audio recording, video, graphics, etc

Why are apples supposed to be so good for recording, video and graphics? I've heard that from alot of people but never gotten a decent explanation why. (I'm a very new apple user, but am enjoying the experience alot)

• Members

its just the way the CPU handles the instructions. They may be rated slower, but they get more per mhz.

Now when we go to intel chips im sure we're going to lose some of that. But ive used both, its knda like PCs will get the job done faster, but sloppier, where sometimes macs will take longer, it will get done RIGHT the first time.

but also, when doing pro graphics/audio, you use very large files, constantly moving/changing etc..and on a windows machine, youd get horrible fragmentation, freezes, crashes etc (BEEN THERE done that) on a mac, it doesnt seem to be affect by anything like that. Ive done some huge video projecets, and usually right afterwards, i'd have to reformat my scratch drives..plus i read in a few places that was suggested. On the mac, nope.

plus in general, theyre just made to get work done as fast as possible. i mean, on windows you spend more time learning the OS and the programs, than you do creating in them. The adobe programs are so easy to just pickup its nuts.

that and the whole stability issue. If you do heavy graphics/audio, youll find things not working for no reason on windows. i would reinstall generally every 3-4 months. Mac, been running the same install since july (had to upgrade to osx.4)

those are just my experiences.

• Members

In theory its a cool idea, we could be getting much more powerful processors at more affordable prices. I, however, won't get one for a while, I want to see all the bugs worked out as well as all the software running natively on both platforms instead of emulating it with rosetta. But yeah, I'm a PC user as well and I like my mac for stability, if it crashes as much as a PC running on the intel chips, forget it.

Archived