BYOC Delay...more repeats?

farfignewgon

• Members

Originally posted by MrSage

More repeats?

Mine goes into infinite, self-oscillating repeats...

Mine does too...but then it doesn't stop. If i turn the repeat knob up 3/4 the way it's not enough...the rest of the way is too much -> self oscillating.

I have it on my board with my Dmm, which seems to have a lot more repeats even though the feedback knob is only set to 12 o'clock.

• Members

Mine has a lot of repeats, but they're analog-y, so they probably tend to blend into each other when I use lots of repeats.

I actually got rid of the DMM because the repeats got too muddy when there were too many of them going.

_:confused: _/

• Members

You can't really get more repeats out of it, but you can make the control's taper a little finer so that you can find the optimal setting easier.

Tonepad suggests using a 25k instead of the 50k for the repeats pot for their new rebote version 2.5. This would make the repeats knob less "touchy" so that it would be easier to find the point where you get the most repeats before it starts to self oscillate.

I did some experimenting with adding a compander to the circuit. The result was very similar to the PT80 project...more delay time with less distortion, but a big loss of repeats before self oscillation. I found I could overcome this by adding an LPB style boost between the delay out of the pt2399 and the expander half of the compander.

Perhaps adding a boost will increase the repeats here too and hopefully not cause any clipping....just roll back on the blend knob a bit. Mr. Sage can actually test this with his FX loop.

Archived