MI Audio Tone Zone-tweak those trim pots!

bobbtoz

• Members

I got this pedal last week and thought it sounded pretty damn good, but once I started tweaking the internal trim pots it opened up a whole set of tonal options. Others have posted about this pedal and recommended tweaking the internal trim pots and they are right!

I'm using this pedal to slam the od section of a shiva. This pedal seems to compliment the shiva pretty well. The TZ is very smooth which tames some of the hair the shiva has on the od channel. The TZ does not rob any bottom end it actually adds to it making your tone sound bigger. The pedal generates an excetional warm tone and responds well to your picking attack. Very organic and responds well when you roll off your guitars volume. Medium gain settings sound great as well as higher gain stuff. The key to getting the most out of this pedal is the ineternal trim pots. If you own this pedal do yourself a favor and open this pedal up and start tweaking! It makes that much of a difference. I'm dig'n the tone of this thing.

• Members

Originally posted by bobbtoz

I got this pedal last week and thought it sounded pretty damn good, but once I started tweaking the internal trim pots it opened up a whole set of tonal options. Others have posted about this pedal and recommended tweaking the internal trim pots and they are right!

I'm using this pedal to slam the od section of a shiva. This pedal seems to compliment the shiva pretty well. The TZ is very smooth which tames some of the hair the shiva has on the od channel. The TZ does not rob any bottom end it actually adds to it making your tone sound bigger. The pedal generates an excetional warm tone and responds well to your picking attack. Very organic and responds well when you roll off your guitars volume. Medium gain settings sound great as well as higher gain stuff. The key to getting the most out of this pedal is the ineternal trim pots. If you own this pedal do yourself a favor and open this pedal up and start tweaking! It makes that much of a difference. I'm dig'n the tone of this thing.

Yep.. I am (and many others on HC) hanging out of the deluxe version- with external trim pots.. saves the hassle of cracking the baby open..

• Members

I couldn't wait for the new version, so I took the plunge. Can't wait to here what the newer version sounds like. I guess its pretty much the same w/ the internal pots located externally.

I would like to compare the TZ to the SCOD. I'm not sure their in the same ballpark, but I'm interested in a comparison. From the reviews it sounds like the TZ has a lower end, but you can't deny all the positive coments about the SCOD.

• Members
DIRTTRIO.jpg

The SCOD and TUBE (not Tone) Zone are similar animals, both get nice smooth natural drive sounds. I use my TZ for my metal sounds, since the 3-way switch allows that scooped-mid sound, whereas the SCOD is strictly my soloing pedal. It's a Santana-in-a-box type pedal for me, hit a note & it'll sustain forever. The TZ can get a wide variety of tones with the internal trimmers, I set mine a little on the trebly side with less compression, since I run a LP into a Marshall, and those settings make it come alive for me. I run the SCOD with gain & contour maxed, volume at about 1/3.
The TZ works very well with my Liquid Sunsahine pushing it for leads.

• Members

sweet..ive been eyeing this pedal for a while..was hoping more people than me thought it sounded good .. i had a keely and a analogman ds1..wasnt that turned on by them (now analogman sd1 yeah buddy)...and was giving up on dist class peds til i heard this one

anybody gonna post a clip?

Archived