Effectrode Tube Vibe clips

carlygtr56

• Members

Carly, you`ve got about six vibes, right?
Please tell us a little how the Effectrode compares to others of yours, like the Mojo.

A few words on how they compare (depth of throb, tonal voicing, LFO wave type, complexity ....) would be great.

Does the Tube Vibe sound (relatively) leslie-like at higher speeds.

Do your vibes have different wave shapes?

:thu:

From the Effectrode site;

"Internal trim pot allows the darkness of the vibe to be adjusted as desired. Factory set for maximum 'chewiness'.
Internal DIP switch allows selection between two entirely different LFO wave shapes. One voicing is similar to the original Uni-Vibe with rising peaks. The other is a smoothed triangle wave, which produces a more uniform sweep.
Another internal DIP configures the Tube-Vibet for either vibe mode or vibe-wah mode. More subtle than wah-wah and very cool sounding.
The only vibe with a configurable LFO. The Tube-Vibe adds a new dimension to the meaning of 'custom' - it can be configured to generate any waveshape to give a unique signature throb, thickness & tone. Contact us to find the perfect wave for your signature sound. "

tv1.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by threm

Carly, you`ve got about six vibes, right?

Please tell us a little how the Effectrode compares to others of yours, like the Mojo.

A few words on how they compare (depth of throb, tonal voicing, LFO wave type, complexity ....) would be great.

Does the Tube Vibe sound (relatively) leslie-like at higher speeds.

Do your vibes have different wave shapes?

Yup, I'm up to 6:D

I got the Dunlop Univibe, RM Voodoovibe, Fulltone mini Deja-Vibe (Trower sig.), MJM Sixties Vibe, Mojovibe and this new Tube-Vibe.

Very hard to compare, hard to say which is best.

Right off, the Dunlop sounds good but it isn't true-bypass and a bit noisy stuff before anything generating gain.

The RM also is NOT true-bypass.

They each offer their own thing.

The Mojovibe and Fulltone are close to vintage sounding, IMO....the MJM differs in it's throb. It's a bit different.

This new Tube one is very clear, organic, spacey, underwatery!!

• Members

Originally posted by Jakeowen

The clips do sound pretty good. What kind of amp and guitar are you using? any other efffects in there?

Was a Trower Strat and a Carvin Legacy on the clean channel.

The 2 gain ones were the clean channel with a DS-1 (Keeley)

• Members

Originally posted by carlygtr56

The Mojovibe and Fulltone are close to vintage sounding, IMO....the MJM differs in it's throb. It's a bit different.

This new Tube one is very clear, organic, spacey, underwatery!!

Maybe I`ll go with a Mojo as a start (besides the Shannon Uni Phase I have).

Is the Mojo more pedalboard friendly than the Tube Vibe?

Thanks!

Archived