Octave Fuzz

gold_soundz

• Members

Hello there, first time posting here though I do read the threads regularly. Lots of good info/banter.

Im after an octave fuzz. Distortion wise I use a les paul into a big muff into a zvex SHO into a marshall. But sometimes I put a fuzz factory between those 2 pedals and get an octave up type sound which I quite like but Im thinking I would prefer to get a dedicated octave up fuzz.

Options:

zvex octane 3

foxx tone machine RI

fulltone somethings?

roger mayer rocket

Basically I want to stomp on it when my big muff is on to add the octave but also for use by itself into the clean amp. I want a prominent octave and will only use this for solos so chord tracking is a non issue. I like the octave up on my microsynth as a reference point but cant be bothered to use the thing all the time. So opinions on these (or other?) pedals is appreciated as Iv only the clips to go by.

Cheers for any help chaps.

• Members

Check out the foxrox octron. It can do all kinds of octave stuff (up and down) but is a lot simpler than the microsynth. It has a gain control too, so you can make it pretty clean if you wanted to run it into something else. I haven't tried that yet, it totally screams if you crank the gain on it's own, but I'll have to give it a shot.

Archived