Custom pedalboard advice...

jrm27

• Members

Hey everyone:

I am trying to build a unique pedalboard and perhap someone has some experience or can help.

I want to use my pod xt and shortboard in conjunction with my other traditional pedals. So basically I am trying to build two effects boards in one. One on side of the board would be the shortboard. On the other side, a traditional pedal setup with 3 or four pedals. I'd like to somehow mount the xt underneath the shortboard, but still make it accessible. Perhaps a drawer, or a shelf/ or a liftable floor to reveal the xt.

I'd ideally like to run ech setup independantly or in conjunction as I see fit. I'm sure that could be accomplished with two a/b boxes (one to split the signals to the respective sides) and another to combine them at the end of the chain. The wiring of the actual board might get a bit funky as I'd like a way to power everything so all I have to do is plug the board in to the wall.

Of course, I'd like to carpet the thing and have a removable lid that would enlcose the case... I know it all sounds very complicated, but does anyone have a better idea? Or any advice?

Does this even make sense?

Thanks!

Archived