Weight of D550 and Emu E64

packrat

• Members

I'm trying to plan out rack cases and I need to find out the weights of various equipment. These are the last two that I can't find manuals for online or any other reliable source for.

If anyone has the manuals, could you check the specifications page and let me know how much these two weigh?

B>

Guest Anonymous

I have a D-550 and was able to get the manual off the roland website but I just went through it and I did not see any mention of dimensions or any specific specs.

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by packrat

I'm trying to plan out rack cases and I need to find out the weights of various equipment. These are the last two that I can't find manuals for online or any other reliable source for.

If anyone has the manuals, could you check the specifications page and let me know how much these two weigh?

B>

Have you gotten the information you were looking for yet?

• Members

Originally posted by DmitryKo

google.com/search?q=E-mu+E6400+specifications+weight

1. The 6400 is a quite different generation, so I wouldn't trust the number. Even a EIV will be slightly heavier because of the expansion chassis.

2. If you actaully chase down those links, you'll find out that you get a lot of different weights for a lot of different peripherally related kit. It's particularly frustrating that the 'a-weighting' turns up in the noise specifications a lot.

3. Believe it or not, I spent half an hour trying various searches to find specifications for both these synths before I posted. This (and manuals where it had it) is also how I found the weights of the other 18 pieces of kit.

And no. Haven't had any useful replies from people with the manual for either product yet.

B>

• Members

On page 121 according to the index. I just found an ancient brass weighing device and the E64 weighs 17lb -> 7.7kg.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to the D550 at the moment, it's in a rack case in storage elsewhere. Hopefully someone has the manual handy.

B>

Guest Anonymous

Originally posted by packrat

B>

I tried to email someone selling a 550 on ebay and asked him for weight and dimensions. I have not gotten answer back yet.

Have you considered emailing Roland for info?

• Members

Originally posted by mate_stubb

Bad timing!

I JUST sold my D-550 and shipped it. It had all the original factory docs and probably would have listed the weight.

Your D-550 just arrived on my doorstep tonight. Cool!

The manual states that the D-550 weighs 14 lbs 6 oz.

Regards,

Eric

Archived