Is my pod xt busted? please help

icecap

• Members

Whenever i try to record something using my pod everything comes out sounding like a garbled mess.

I use the usb cable to connect it to my computer and I use Adobe Audition to record it.

Heres a clip of me taking advantage of my new sound... everthing sounds extremely messed up, and a little faster than its supposed to be.

• Members

It's hard to say how to fix the problem without being there to troubleshoot but if your pod sounds good trough headphones, amp, etc. it's probably not the pod....it could be the USB cable you are using, or if you're not using the podxt drivers, or placed all the settings correctly with your comp and audition.....also if you have another recording program you might want to try that....even if it's not a very good one.....just to try all the variables

• Members

Yea it sounds good through the amp and through headphones. I tried another program and the same thing happens, so you're probably right about it being something like the usb cable.

I have all the updated firmware and such for it. Maybe i should try resetting it to factory defaults (assuming theres an option for it?)

thanks for the reply btw

• Members

That cable would probably work if you were just trubleshooting to see if the cable is the problem, but if you find that the cable is the problem you might want to get a Monster (which has unlimited lifetime warenty) or M-Audio cable...But you have to make sure that it is High-Speed USB 2.0, A-B, and preferably shielded...Although they are more expensive they are much better quality

• Members

You can use MIDI or 1/4 inch if you have those capabilities on you computer...Also try setting the pod to your default sound card and listen to some music that is playing on your computer, that will send the music to your pod, and through the headphones, that should tell you if the USB Cable is the problem, if the music sounds good then your cable should be fine

Archived