zoom g7.1ut vs. korg ax3000

Redfox777

• Members

They are both about the same price but I am curious as to which one yall think is better? Im getting a multifx to record and play at night or when my roommate is studying. I hear good things about the g7.1 but I have not heard much about the ax3000. One of my friends has a korg ax1000 which is ok but definitly not what I am looking for. Does the 12ax7 tube add a lot of warmth the the zoom? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Members

Have a g7 & though I haven't recorded with it, I'm more than happy with it.

The tube does add some warmth, but for the most part it seems to add tube od/distortion, esp. at higher settings.

So yeah...the zoom gets my vote, no contest.

And don't forget about the included cubase le software you get with the zoom. Nice added bonus...

• Members

Originally posted by Electric I

Have a g7 & though I haven't recorded with it, I'm more than happy with it.

The tube does add some warmth, but for the most part it seems to add tube od/distortion, esp. at higher settings.

So yeah...the zoom gets my vote, no contest.

And don't forget about the included cubase le software you get with the zoom. Nice added bonus...

Gah. I have the g2.1u and I hate recording with cubase le. I find audacity to be alot better.

• Members

Originally posted by Redfox777

They are both about the same price but I am curious as to which one yall think is better? Im getting a multifx to record and play at night or when my roommate is studying. I hear good things about the g7.1 but I have not heard much about the ax3000. One of my friends has a korg ax1000 which is ok but definitly not what I am looking for. Does the 12ax7 tube add a lot of warmth the the zoom? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I like my G7, I use it live and run it through a Zoom mrs-8 at home.

After supper, I'll try to record something to give ya an idea of the sounds..

Any idea of what you're looking for soundwise?

• Members

Dunno if this would help; but I wanted to make a recording using only presets on the g2.1u

This was recorded only with the g2.1u's amp modeling, using the g2.1u connected straight into the computer, no amp was used, nor was any other effect other than the g2.1u.

I used all stock presets, except for the slide part, where I took a preset and changed the reverb from hall to spring.

This is my rendition of "Becks Bolero"- and as you can tell it is not complete because the end part sounds like crap without drums.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3OMGTABP

The g7.1 should as good if not better than this

Archived