boards (long post, lots of questions)

• Members

After a number of years, I have finally decided to set up my pedalboard. I played in a touring band for a few years and struggled with all the problems, batteries, cords, hums, shorts, etc.

I purchased a pedalboard case, VoodooLab power supplies (both the Pedal Power 2 and the Pedal Power AC) because I run 9-volt pedals as well as the Digitech Whammy and Jimi Hendrix Experience (which are 9V AC).

My guitars:

Les Paul 1959 Reissue (amazing sound and feel)

Fender Strat

My pedals (at the moment) are:

2 Jim Dunlop Crybabies (One as a filter, one which I use)

Digitech Whammy

Digitech Jimi Hendrix

Bixonic Expandora (a brilliant pedal, TRY IT)

Boss CS-3 Compression Sustainer

My Amps (at the moment) are:

JCM 900 head with 4X12 cabinet

40W Ashdown Peacemaker (which I LOVE)

First question: I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN HEARING YOUR CHOICE IN PEDAL ORDER. I HAVE TRIED SOME AND AM TRYING TO GET IT FIGURED OUT AND SOUNDING THE BEST.

Second question: I AM LOOKING FOR A GOOD EQ BOX, WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITES?

Third question: WHAT ARE YOUR FAVORITE CHORUS, DELAY PEDALS, AND AMP SWITCHING BOXES? WHY?

I know that it seems like alot, and that I may not have tried much...but the truth is, I have played a lot of set-ups, EQs, Choruses, and Delays...it is time to consult with other experienced players.

Any suggestions, comments, will be happily considered.

Thanks,

mush

• Members

i start answering q 2+3:

2: the dano mini fish and chips eq is one really good eq. some even like it better than the boss and it's damn cheap!!

3:

chorus:
for warm lush: ehx polychorus, small clone
for bright lush: ibanez cs-9, boss ce-2(?)

delay:
depending of why you want it and what music you play...

digital delay: boss dd-3
analog delay: ibanez ad-9

personally i play a maxon ad-900 which i love really.. and a ibanez ad-80! great delay boxes.. !! both analog.

amp switching:
ask forumite dot-dot-dot.. he can do for you a custom switching if you want.. he runs the company monkey fx and does an excellent job.

of course there are a thousand theories of what sounds good or does not.. try to check out if you can before you buy! and

Archived