Ibnaez OD 850 rules

Blungo

• Members

Originally posted by Blungo

For a muff type sound. Dark, dry sound. Almost sounds like it's coughing sometimes. Sounds like King Crimson to me.

Any other 850 users?

Since I started looking for one of these pedals I ended up picking up 3 of them.

I think that it is one of the best Fuzz pedals out there hands down!

I can not get enough of this pedal!!!!!

• Members

Originally posted by Bruno

Since I started looking for one of these pedals I ended up picking up 3 of them.

I think that it is one of the best Fuzz pedals out there hands down!

I can not get enough of this pedal!!!!!

That's a right purdy picture.

Nice collection!

• Members
Originally posted by Blungo

That's a right purdy picture.

Nice collection!

Thanks

I tried to buy yours and then I had the luck of finding a few of them in like a 5 week window :)

Man this has to be one of the best sleeper pedals out there hands down :D

Overdrive.........no............creamy fuzz :thu: :thu: :thu:

• Members

I think three 'script' logo 850s with round switches have passed through Ebay.com.au in the last 3-6 months. Not selling for a huge amount either (AUD$150 ish ~US$120). Maybe I shoulda picked one up? I like how half the HC reviewers says its a good "blues" pedal that smokes a TS, and the other half says its a Big Muff copy.

• Members

I had one of those ... the one with the pinstripe on the side of the box and the 'Flying Fingers.'
Beautiful looking pedal!
I liked it but between my Red Army Muff and big-box Rat I didn't have a need for it.
I bought it at a gtr. show from a real collector dude and paid a lot, like 250-275 for it.
But I wound up trading it for a 60's Clyde wah, which is incredibly fluid/awesome sounding and in a sense reduced the price I paid for the OD850 quite a bit.

The OD850 has a tubby low-end that doesn't dial out, but it walks a nice line between fuzz/distrortion and even overdrive if you turn down the gain a lot.

I could see folks really being a big fan of them (the German band "18th Dye" used to use a pair of them to GREAT affect!), but for me the Rat and Muff are more what I'm looking for in that type of gain tone.

• Members
Originally posted by Bruno

Thanks

I tried to buy yours and then I had the luck of finding a few of them in like a 5 week window
:)

Man this has to be one of the best sleeper pedals out there hands down
:D

Overdrive.........no............creamy fuzz
:thu:

I thought you were looking for the other (od II?) Ibanez oveerdrive, or maybe i'm thinkking of someone else.

• Members
Originally posted by Godin73

Two mini switches on the side of your PM7 indicate that you got it fixed ? Now please, put some wires in it and start playing your ass off

Love your case....

Indeed. I searched every online shop available for a new 3pos slideswitch as mine was broken in transport. But it is a really small one, and that's the problem. So I put in 2 switches (i could find a small 3toggle DPDT). Anyway, it is surely a fun pedal :eek:

But to get back on topic. It's not as much fun as the Overdrive II :D

Archived