Tubescreamer alternatives?

• Members

What is thisn Xotic BB that some speak of?

It is the best OD/boost I have used to date,, sold everything & kept this.... It does it all with a sweetness, & holds all the range without sounding like a pedal, I use it as a boost /w/gain on maybe 1 , but it does gain extremelly well. Very adjustable. Damn thing just sound flat ass good...... & that is with all my amps, which is nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
Originally posted by ColorsoundKid

The Aramat Green Machine is a nice TS clone. Also, there is that thudnertomate guy doing the yellow taxi pedal thingy...

Hello,

Like all of our pedals, the Aramat Green Machine Overdrive not a clone. It has some of the same components as the TS808 but many different ones that sweeten the tone, smooth out the bass response, etc. I just wanted to clarify this so nobody thought I was simply copying other pedals.

All the best, :)

• Members
Originally posted by Livid1973

Try and get your hands on the MI Audio Blue Boy. Fantastic pedal that can go from typical Tube Screamer territory all the way to mild fuzz. Very useful pedal thanks to the 3 internal trimpots. The pedal is discontinued now, but I see one up for sale every now and then.

He'll soon be releasing the Blue Boy Deluxe which will have all the trimmers as external mini pots...one being just for mids so you can dial in exactly how much hump you like. :eek::thu:

• Members
Originally posted by FLYING V 83

M.I. Audio Tube Zone

M.I. Audio Crunch Box

Subdecay Liquid Sunshine

Cusack Screamer Fuzz

All very nice (I run all 4) and none are a TS clone.

For the TS sound I run an HBE Power Screamer.

Do you mix the CB and TZ? That must sound insane.

Archived