Nady TD-1

Saucy Jack

• Members

Originally posted by cutlerman

I had one that i got of the bay for around $80. sounded great and covered a lot of territory. i didn't really like the power supply though...it was kind of wierd. the pedal sounded better than my tonebone IMO.

I think it's the same as the ToneBone Classic.

• Members

The Tonebone I compared it against was the Hot British so it is supposedly a little heavier or hotter than the Tonebone Classic. The Nady gives you the option to boost the mids which is nice. The Nady sounded more natural to my ears.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I just got one yesterday. Overall I'm pretty disappointed with it. I kept reading all of the comparisons to the Tonebone's and it falls short. I used to have the Tonebone Hot-British. The TD-1's distortion character is less tight in the low end. The low end gets mushy and fuzzy as the gain is turned up, which didn't happen with the Hot-British. The Hot-British was crisp and tight at high gain. Forget using the High distortion setting on the TD-1. Unless you are looking for a mushy fuzz sound that is. It should be noted that I use really high output humbuckers, DiMarzio Super 3, Duncan Distortion, etc. I do have one guitar with a low output, bright humbucker and the TD-1 did seem to work well with it. Everything stayed tight. So if you use low powered humbuckers or single-coils this pedal might work out for you.

:(

Archived