Line6 Looping clip+ebow+guitar+keyboards

• Members

I usually like to loop some ideas of songs, and do overdubs to figure out different parts. This is just a sample of a new song that i'm working on. All done in one take on the DL-4.

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2XSSPKIZRDZKR2HWTIRIY813I0

Here is the list of things i used for the song sample:

MIM Telecaster Deluxe RI

Ebow

Yamaha PSR47 keyboard

Ibanez AD-9

Danelectro Chicken Salad Vibrato

Line6 Echo Park

Digiverb

all into Line6 DL-4

The final version of this song will be done with my band, including 3 guitars, keyboards, cello, bass, and drums. I'm really looking forward to how epic it will sound.

cool!:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by percyexpat

nice! will sound ace with the band. do you ever have effects after your looper or always before? ive been wondering whats the best way, or rather the pros and cons.

I have effects before, because i like to have the individual effect on the loop. Like a sparkly or trem lead line or so, over clean guitars.

I have messed around with having trem and reverb after the loop, which is cool if you want that big loop to get lost in space and such.:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by itstartsstoppin

What pedal gets that coughing sound?
:D
Seriously though it sounds really good, Cant wait to hear it with the full band:thu:

Thanks man. The cello player in the band has a classical background (and also uses pedals!), and i think he's gonna bring an amazing layer to the ideas that i have here. We are all about simple ideas layered up to create complex sounds.

...the coughing in the background is pretty funny..

• Members

good stuff.

i'm digging the ebow.

you make me wanna get an ebow on ebay. :mad:

actually, a lot of my friend's gear is in my studio, including his ebow. think i'll have to pick it up again...:)

are you originally from sweden? seems like i remember hearing a skandinavian/germanic language in another one of yr clips.

• Members

Originally posted by GuyaGuy

good stuff.

i'm digging the ebow.

you make me wanna get an ebow on ebay.
:mad:

actually, a lot of my friend's gear is in my studio, including his ebow. think i'll have to pick it up again...
:)

are you originally from sweden? seems like i remember hearing a skandinavian/germanic language in another one of yr clips.

Thanks for the comment!

Ebow can be the best when used in certain situations, especially for haunting lead lines and orchestral sounds. Yeah, start using it again!

I'm originally from New York. But i do have a sort of made up language that i use sometimes, called Isqualick :freak: (me and my sister made up as kids, kind of gibberish, that sounds like it could be a real language). So you've might have heard that in some of my other stuff.

• Members

Originally posted by desertlimosine

Thanks for the comment!

Ebow can be the best when used in certain situations, especially for haunting lead lines and orchestral sounds. Yeah, start using it again!

I'm originally from New York. But i do have a sort of made up language that i use sometimes, called Isqualick
:freak:
(me and my sister made up as kids, kind of gibberish, that sounds like it could be a real language). So you've might have heard that in some of my other stuff.

well, you can always put down "fluent in Isqualick" on resumes!

there was a song on yr myspace with a prayer--spoken word thing. that's what i was thinking of. coulda been yiddish?

btw, i compose often in the same manner--letting a loop go and figuring things out, experimenting with textures. it's nice cuz you can just let go, entering the space of the music w/out having to worry about technicalities. or even whether it's "working" as a song.

• Members

Originally posted by desertlimosine

...the coughing in the background is pretty funny..

hmm...coughing coming from the background of an ambient, soundscaped amalgum of noise...

*coughcoughsomeonesmokesherbcoughcough

[edit]: i did something like this a few months ago where i set up my enitre pedalboard hooked into two keyboards in my room and recorded a 30 minute journey into soundscapes onto my reel-to-reel machine. no pattern, no rules, no complexity, just beautiful soundscapes. it's nice to be able to just flip a switch and have background music for a half hour.

• Members

btw i just looked up ebows on ebay (
:mad:
).

i see that new ones come with a pouch and instructional cassette.

CASSETTE?!?!

what year is this?

mind you, their website looks like it was designed in 1991:

http://www.ebow.com/

haha. that site is weak. it's like they did it when html coding was first invented, then never bothered to upgrade.

• Members

well, you can always put down "fluent in Isqualick" on resumes!

there was a song on yr myspace with a prayer--spoken word thing. that's what i was thinking of. coulda been yiddish?

Thats right, there is one song with a clip of an old italian woman saying a prayer.

btw, i compose often in the same manner--letting a loop go and figuring things out, experimenting with textures. it's nice cuz you can just let go, entering the space of the music w/out having to worry about technicalities. or even whether it's "working" as a song.

Hells yeah!I love flowing with loopers and space... as you said, its the best way to just get lost in your music. I find its the fasest way for me to flesh out concepts, and just have fun!

• Members

Originally posted by cantoXIII

hmm...coughing coming from the background of an ambient, soundscaped amalgum of noise...

*coughcoughsomeonesmokesherbcoughcough

[edit]: i did something like this a few months ago where i set up my enitre pedalboard hooked into two keyboards in my room and recorded a 30 minute journey into soundscapes onto my reel-to-reel machine. no pattern, no rules, no complexity, just beautiful soundscapes. it's nice to be able to just flip a switch and have background music for a half hour.

yeah, the coughing is from the sweet herb! lol

That soundscape journey sounds like it would be amazing! do you have it posted online somewhere? I live for those moments where you just get taken away in the soundscapes that you create!:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by IndofunkCity

Nice! I like how it's in 7, but a smoothly flowing 7 .... and all the keyboard sounds are internal PSR sounds? Sweet.

Can't wait to hear the full version. Is this a new band? All the other stuff I've heard has been a duo...

The 7 doesnt jump out and slap you in the face... Yeah, all the keyboard sounds are the PSR-47. Cheesy keyboard sounds with a little pitch bending delay sounds so awesome layered up (think the beatles). You can take the cheesiest synth and orchestration sounds, put them in the right context, and can sound pretty epic! I love that idea of building up layers.

The duo stuff is PSR (both bands have similar names and are based on similar concepts) This is for the 7 piece space rock band Pulsar47, that i've been in for over a year now. I think it's gonna be sweet!

thanks for the comments

• Members

Originally posted by YourHerodDGC

The second song on my solo myspace makes use of my DL4 loop sampler.

The first one i think is just the analogue delay setting.

I'm listening right now.. {censored} man, my type of {censored}!!! Sounds amazing!! Just waves washing over me.. intense!

:thu:

• Members

Originally posted by YourHerodDGC

The second song on my solo myspace makes use of my DL4 loop sampler.

The first one i think is just the analogue delay setting.

that was a pleasant experience :) refreshing to hear someone use guitar in such a way. i dont have a looper at the mo' but ive got simular sounds on my myspace space, except using my old analog casio. i love the timbre of the ambient guitar sounds though. were you using your setup as it is in your sig?

Archived