Buying a ce-2

piper19

• Members

Originally posted by piper19

I'm into buying a Boss CE-2 from a guy that doesn't know their current value (very cheap that is).

But, the sticker on the back is gone. Is there another way to determine the country of origin ?(Japan,...)

Maybe by looking inside the unit it will have some clues for you. It shouldn't matter either way, the CE-2 has trim pots inside of it that let you fine tune the sound. Apparently the rumor that the Japanese models sound better is just the result of them being tuned more consistently than the Taiwanese versions.

• Members

Or maybe it was removed so they could stick it on some cheap effect and call it a Japanese model. :eek:

I paid kind of a high price for mine($130). But, I did get a Japanese model made in 1982, in mint condition, with the box and manual.

At any rate, with no sticker, you shouldn't pay a premium for where it was supposedly made.

• Members

I opened up the box, it says CE-2 on the circuit, so I'm already sure of that:D

The connector for the 9V clip reads "made in Japan" on the inside, does that mean the whole pedal is made there, or just that part.

Fact is, I tested it and sounds sweet. That's the most important; I understand now why people rate it high. I also tested the CH1 and CE5, but something was missing indeed.

Archived