help me figure out this scam...

homestar

• Members

ok so i got a response from someone selling an ibook...total scam, but i can't figure out how it's a scam

here's the email:

Hello,

My name is Christian Palmer and I'm from Manchester,UK.

The unit is still available (it is in perfect shape, no hardware/software problems).

The reason why I am selling the laptop is because I have just received a new laptop from my work and I have no use for 2 laptops.

The ibook was bought in the US on September 2005 ( I've stayed in US for a training program ) and it works on 110V power system, which is the US system and that is why I am selling it to the US. Besides,the warranty is US registered ( available until September 2006) .

Regarding delivery and payment,obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after. So, I have found here a delivery service called Parcelforce (same as UPS) that will allow you to pay for the ibook only after you will receive it - this way you can inspect it and, also you can test it.

So if you are interested (if you want to see some pictures ), please email me and I'll explain you the transaction method.

so it says he'll have it delivered then i can inspect it and then make payment? that's odd...how could he scam me then?

• Members

Check out Parcelforce first. Make sure it's legit. It may be a flase business that he runs, and so when you pay taxes and duties for the package, he gets the money from that. I don't know. Definitely check out Parcelforce before you do anything else.

"he gets credit card info and he takes money from you that way later on down the line"

Also very possible.

Archived