pedal advice

Toolkid

• Members

I finally bought a power supply so I can use all my pedals at once, and im just curious what you guys think would be the best order for them to go in. Im using a boss delay, boss phaser, boss compressor/sustainer, boss tremelo, eh big muff, and a dunlop wah.

• Members

It's all subjective and there's no right or wrong answer. It depends how you want them all to interact with each other.

Personally, i'd go:

Guitar - Wah - Phaser - Big Muff - Comp/Sustainer - Tremolo - Delay - Amp.

Some people like to put phasers later in the chain, after distortion/OD, but i like them with my wah. Some people like to put fuzzes first.
Again, it all depends what you want. Best way is to spend 30 minutes trying all the variables, and find what you like.

• Members

These chains generally sound good although I would do a few things differently.

Try this:

Guitar- Wah - Comp - Phaser - Tremelo - Amp

Then try the delay and muff in different places. In particular, pay attention to whether you like the delay before muff or vice versa. very different sounds there (I like gain before delay, but it's your call). Also, having the delay before the phaser will keep the phasing going consistently, but putting it after will rpeeat the same phrase of the phaser.

i could go on, but you should really just mess around. try it all and see what happens. I'd recommend writing things down while experimenting. When you find a chain you like, write down why you like each pedal in the place it is in relation to the others, before changing things around.

Archived