doepfer organ controller keyboard

niacin

• Members

if by hot triggering you mean the way a hammond key triggers the 9 tonewheel key contacts in sequence as you play through the key, only the XK-3 simulates that, and only the new B3 actually reproduces it properly. The Korg triggers notes before you hit the keybed (which in the first batch led to double triggering issues). The Rolands do neither. Dunno bout the Stage, but hey that's weighted keys anyway.

• Members

Originally posted by asynchro_nous

What if you don't want to use it "to control an [
sic
] typical organ emulation"..........?

Do the drawbars transmit CC data or not?

It's not apparent from the webpage.

you can download the manual from their site. It comes with set-ups for NIB4 and EVB3 I think.

• Members

Originally posted by niacin

you can download the manual from their site. It comes with set-ups for NIB4 and EVB3 I think.

Thanks -- checked out the PDF; seems like this is mostly for the B4 at this point, with wider functionality "in the planning state".......

I like waterfall keys and drawbars; it would be nice to use a keyboard like this generically.

• Members

Originally posted by niacin

if by hot triggering you mean the way a hammond key triggers the 9 tonewheel key contacts in sequence as you play through the key, only the XK-3 simulates that, and only the new B3 actually reproduces it properly. The Korg triggers notes before you hit the keybed (which in the first batch led to double triggering issues). The Rolands do neither. Dunno bout the Stage, but hey that's weighted keys anyway.

Hmm - now what you need is a keyboard that sends poly-aftertouch as a how far you pressed the key paremeter and a sound module that reponds likewise, along with velocity to stage the contact spread in time.

• Members

By "hot" triggering I was referring to keys that trigger the sound before the key bottoms out, like a real Hammond. This feature makes lines and trills sound more fluid, as opposed to there being more seperation between the individual notes. I noticed this early on when trying to transcribe organ solos (for example, "Carry On My Wayword Son", "Smokin", etc.

Archived