Pink floyd comfortably numb

madmike90

• Members

hey i need help again

how do i get a good sound or close to a good sound for the comfortably numb solo (2:05)

i have a jackson ps2

marshall 50dfx

daphon E10DS distortion

Electro harmonix big muff pi

and Classic Crybaby

if theres no way to get the sound then just say so but if u think i can come close plz tell me how.

• Members

Originally posted by madmike90

hey i need help again

how do i get a good sound or close to a good sound for the comfortably numb solo (2:05)

i have a jackson ps2

marshall 50dfx

daphon E10DS distortion

Electro harmonix big muff pi

and Classic Crybaby

if theres no way to get the sound then just say so but if u think i can come close plz tell me how.

1. get a strat

2. get a delay pedal

Set delay ~350 ms w/ Big Muff, should get you somewhat close.

• Members

Originally posted by ScreamCage

I wouldn't say that it has to be a strat (that's like saying you have to have a Plexi to sound like ACDC. Not true, and only said by wankers), just something with medium heat singles.

That solo can be done with humbuckers if done right. I can get pretty damn close...and I got EMG'ers!

• Members

I would say to just be happy with YOUR impression of the song. Gilmour's one of the top 10 gear sluts/tone masters of all time; and if only a few pro Hendrix imitators could come close, the case is probably the same here.

BTW: I saw a Roger Waters concert (c. 2001?) where his twin guitarists traded the "Numb" solo: one had a Strat, and the other a Les Paul. There tones were quite different (from each other AND Gilmour), but equally brilliant.

And yes, a good, long delay really helps!

Archived