dd-20 w/pedal power 2

lefchr

• Members

Has anyone had problems using the dd-20 with a pedal power 2? I've used it with a regular boss power supply and it works fine, when I plug it into the pedal power it works for awhile then it starts to turn on and off for no reason.

any help is greatly appreciated.

• Members

Read the manual, it's in there. If I recall it says for the Boss twin pedals you have to use output 5 and 6 (the L6 if I remember well), but you also have to set the switches on the bottom away from the "normal" position.

All this because the twin pedals use more current.

Also make sure you're using the right cables for it. My pp2 came with a normal cable and one with a red ring, which you have to use on some pedals.

• Members

I tired different inputs in the PP2, but didnt switch the power switch. Hopefully that was the problem. I loving the delay so far besides that though. Do I use the cable with the red end on it too? I'm not sure where my manual is for the PP2.

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by piper19

Read the manual, it's in there. If I recall it says for the Boss twin pedals you have to use output 5 and 6 (the L6 if I remember well), but you also have to set the switches on the bottom away from the "normal" position.

All this because the twin pedals use more current.

Don't switch the dip switches away from the "normal" position. That changes the voltage, not the amperage. Outputs 5 and 6 have 9VDC and a higher mA capacity. The manual says to leave outputs 5 and 6 in the "normal" position for Boss twin pedals.

• Members

Originally posted by lefchr

I tired different inputs in the PP2, but didnt switch the power switch. Hopefully that was the problem. I loving the delay so far besides that though. Do I use the cable with the red end on it too? I'm not sure where my manual is for the PP2.

Thanks

Manual: http://www.voodoolab.com/manuals/pp2plus_manual.pdf

Don't switch the power switch.

• Members

Originally posted by sense_of_henry

Don't switch the dip switches away from the "normal" position. That changes the voltage, not the amperage. Outputs 5 and 6 have 9VDC and a higher mA capacity. The manual says to leave outputs 5 and 6 in the "normal" position for Boss twin pedals.

I just want to the manual(thought of it after i sent the message), I thought I tried those outputs, maybe not:confused:

Oh well.... I'm gonna have to wait till next pratice to find out.

Thanks again

• Members

Originally posted by sense_of_henry

thats what i thought it was, i was starting to get worried for a second that i may have been killing my dd-20

• Members

I tried it with the dd-20 plugged into both the 5 & 6 postions and it still did the same thing. I have it plugged in, in the back with a 9 volt adapter and that worked. I have a keeley modded tr-2, that the light is really dim on when plugged into the pp2, but really brightif i use a battery. The light on that is brightest on the 7 & 8 postions, can hardly see it on the other ones.:(

• Members

Originally posted by lefchr

its not a plus model

hmm ok. well I emailed VoodooLabs a few months ago and this is what they said:

(I wrote)Hi,

I have the older pedal power 2 (Not pedal power 2 plus) and I want to ask whether i am able to power a Boss DD 20 with it.

(Their reply) Not from the front outputs. The maximum current available there is 100

mA.

When the Pedal Power 2 was designed, no Boss pedals required more

current

than that. Since then, Boss has come out with the Twin pedals, none of

which can be run on a battery, and most of which require more than 100

mA

of current. The DD 20 requires 200 mA of current.

You can plug the PSA 120 adaptor into the courtesy AC outlet at the

back of

the Pedal Power 2, and power the DD-20 that way.

The cable for the Line 6 digital modelers, with the red colored end,

should

not be used to power other pedals. If a pedal's external power jack is

not

designed to connect to a Center Positive (C+) polarity connector, like

that

red one, it could damage the pedal if you do so.

Archived