Tonebone Hot British malfunction

Termophilus

• Members

Hi,

I've got some problems with the tonebone hot british distortion, infact the switch to turn it off or on doesn't work all the time.(sometimes the led don't turn red and the sound is so low that you can barely hear it)

There is a chance to replace it with a new one? And if there is (for a skilled technician maybe) what type of switch should I use?

Thanks in advance for a response

Regards

Manuel Rodari

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Unfortunately this is a common problem with the Tonebone line of pedals, the sound will cut in and out. I've gone through three switches in a little over a year's time. I just play in the basement and treat my stuff with kid gloves.

I've seen new Tonebone pedals at the retail stores that were flakey too. The footswitch is the super-cheap "X-wing" type. These switches are notorious for being crap and I can't believe that Tonebone would bother using such a problem prone footswitch. Why? So they can save 50 cents per unit?

The sound quality of their pedals are great, too bad about the cheapy footswitch. They need to go to a better quality switch, people are gonna start catching on, come on Tonebone!

Archived