I hate Line6

tnttnttnt

• Members

Guys,

I want a good amp for practicing at home but I hate Line6 and all its clones of amp simulators. Maybe I'm too old (31) but these things are just too nerdy for me. :(

I want one good tone for metal/hard-rock, not a dozen of amp presets that sound crappy anyway and another dozen of tasteless effects (i got my pedals thank you).

Any ideas?? Cheers (oh and I don't like them cheap Marshalls)

• Members

Thanks a lot dude, you're cool! Unlike you I don't keep track of what's going in forums worldwide, so please excuse my ignorance.

Listen I don't care about Line6 at all, I just want to hear suggestions on amps other than simulators.

Originally posted by Spydog1985

PLEASE!!!!!

everyone restrain from this thread...

we know what you're gonna say, and we don't need another Line 6 battle/flame thread...

just let him vent, and let the thread die....

thank you

-j

• Members

Peave Classic 30 is WAY too big for practicing at home. You'll never get it past 2!

I'd look into some small tube amps-- 10 watts or even less, there's already a thread here about those-- and use a pedal for high-gain sounds.

• Members

Originally posted by tnttnttnt

Listen I don't care about Line6 at all, I just want to hear suggestions on amps other than simulators.

Then why did you name this thread "I hate Line6", dip{censored}? You're an idiot and your question is stupid. Just get an amp.

• Members

Can an administrator please delete my thread? I should've known better than to ask for opinions on the internet.

I never insulted anyone. I don't want another coward moron like Joe Klink to reply. It'll get ugly.

Thanks to the guys who gave their views.

Originally posted by Joe Klink

Then why did you name this thread "I hate Line6", dip{censored}? You're an idiot and your question is stupid. Just get an amp.

• Members

Hmmm...I'm about your age, and I can get great tones out of my PODxt, through the following at home...

1. Powered studio monitors
2. My home theater stereo
3. The power section of my combo amp

I adjust the settings differently depending on what I'm playing through.

I'd start a thread where I was looking for advice on a home practice amp a bit differently than slagging any one manufacturer. You'll end up having to wade through the {censored}storm you start to find your answer.

The term "practicing at home" is meaningless to me. I live in a large detatched house and can get close to gigging volumes with my amp when "practicing" without disturbing anyone significantly. There's tons of ways to get lower volume practice tones that are good.

Do a google search..."quiet cranked amp tone".

• Members

Originally posted by Joe Klink

wow, rough day or something? relax, im sure you have asked questions that people looked at and though "this guy is moron"

• Members

It's kind of a matter of how much you wanna spend and how loud your acceptable volume is for home practice. If you're willing to drop decent chunk of change, go to the gear page and do a search. That topic has been discussed many times there and some good boutique suggestions are always brought up.

In the cheaper price range, I've always liked the Mesa Boogie .22 Studio +, but they can be a bit loud in the wrong enviornment (apartment, etc.)

• Members

I've been using a Mesa Boogie Studio 22+ in my dorm that I'm pretty happy with. It's probably WAY too powerful for a bedroom environment (I put the master on 1.5 when I'm lucky), but it sounds pretty nice at low volumes if you don't mind not having any gain from power tube breakup. It obviously only starts to sound sweet cranked though. Worth a look IMHO.

• Members

Since you've got pedals to get your specific tones, a pretty simple tube combo amp would be a good idea.

Do you get your distortion from you pedals? If so, you won't have to super crank a tube amp to get a good tone (important for practice level volume.)

The Peavey Classic series is a great line of amps at a good price. There are also some great little low cost tube amps (the $100 Epi Junior comes to mind.) Do you have a price range in mind?

Also, if you have a local GC or other guitar-related music store, it is always fun to go and try a few amps out--everyone's idea of the ideal tone is different.

Finally, please excuse/ignore the children and their flames. This really is a friendly place for the most part.

Good luck!

• Members

Thanks guys for the tips and for calming things down!

Originally posted by Jaymeister

I'd start a thread where I was looking for advice on a home practice amp a bit differently than slagging any one manufacturer. You'll end up having to wade through the {censored}storm you start to find your answer.

I agree, I was just trying to add some sense of humour to the title.

Cheers.

• Members

I'll go ahead and suggest the Traynor YCV50Blue. It's a 1x12 combo, but it sounds great at low bedroom volumes IMHO. The gain channel at it's max is very marshall, so you're not going to get a mesa level of 'metal' tone, but then again a good overdrive/boost fixes that right?

• Members
Originally posted by Spydog1985

PLEASE!!!!!

everyone restrain from this thread...

we know what you're gonna say, and we don't need another Line 6 battle/flame thread...

just let him vent, and let the thread die....

thank you

-j

I just thought I'd mention that you are a {censored}ing cock socket.

:wave:

Archived