USPS Express international postage question???

4Kenoath

• Members

Am I right in thinking there are two types of USPS international postage; Express USPS and Standard USPS?

If so, when something is sent USPS Express, are there any marks or writing on the sticker etc that signify that it's Express as opposed to standard airmail?

Thanks

• Members

Originally posted by 4Kenoath

Am I right in thinking there are two types of USPS international postage; Express USPS and Standard USPS?

If so, when something is sent USPS Express, are there any marks or writing on the sticker etc that signify that it's Express as opposed to standard airmail?

Thanks

You can choose International airmail OR express.. just had a quick look at a package I know was sent express- and couldnt see any markings...

They prob distinguish using the barcode..

• Members
Originally posted by CustomGR

lemme guess the scenario-

you paid for express and got normal airmail? seller pockets the extra cash?..

No, I paid for normal mail (received normal mail) but got charged for express. But even worse, is that Express mail (as per their website) is actually less than what they charged me. I'm pretty sure they're trying to scam me, thinking I won't do anything given the amount is small, but this is the 2nd time an online shop has tried this, and I'll take it as far it goes this time.

In effect they charged me double, and even though I provided my email receipt to them, whereupon they admitted fault and promised to refund...they didn't, and now say it's part of their Terms and Conditions and there'll be no refund.

Their T&C don't even mention shipping costs. Scammers...I've had enough of them. I'm gunna set Visa onto their arse, and if they wimp out (which they did last time despite clear evidence of fraud), I'll take Visa to Small Claims...just because I can. Too many people give into this {censored}.:evil:

• Members
Originally posted by 4Kenoath

No, I paid for normal mail (received normal mail) but got charged for express. But even worse, is that Express mail (as per their website) is actually less than what they charged me. I'm pretty sure they're trying to scam me, thinking I won't do anything given the amount is small, but this is the 2nd time an online shop has tried this, and I'll take it as far it goes this time.

In effect they charged me double, and even though I provided my email receipt to them, whereupon they admitted fault and promised to refund...they didn't, and now say it's part of their Terms and Conditions and there'll be no refund.

Their T&C don't even mention shipping costs. Scammers...I've had enough of them. I'm gunna set Visa onto their arse, and if they wimp out (which they did last time despite clear evidence of fraud), I'll take Visa to Small Claims...just because I can. Too many people give into this {censored}.
:evil:

Good man! Let us know how it goes. Good luck!

• Members
Originally posted by Teahead

You have to sign for a USPS Global Express parcel, you don't need to sign for Global Priority, which is the next service down and a little cheaper... same speed of delivery, no tracking or signature though.

Thanks, I definitely didn't sign for it.

I checked USPS's website for prices and for an envelope weight 6 oz (as in this case), the amount on the sticker matches their quote for standard airmail (ie. the cheapest airmail - below that is surface).

Global Express would have cost nearly 4x as much. These guys are lying through their arses (yes, spelled A R S E).:mad::D

• Members
Originally posted by shepherdspy

I think there is (from lowest cost and slowest to fastest and most expensive):

Letter Post (only up to 4 pounds)

Air Parcel Post

Global Priority - no tracking

Global Express (EMS) - tracking

Global Express Guaranteed - tracking

Yes, I've checked all that.

These guys are scammers for sure, but Visa often fall in favour of 'legitmate' businesses that pull this kinda crap...I suppose they make a lot of money out of them, but they won't be expecting someone to hold them to account if they weasle out of their responsibilities to their customers. This company is now just repeating their mantra, "you agreed to the terms on their site".

There are not terms/text/forms/etc on their site which relates to the international shipping cost aprat from the option in the order page which clearly allows the choice after entering the destination country on the previous page.:rolleyes:

Archived