Got to meet Satriani last night with my DS-1

mrbluetone

• Members

Satch has always been one of my favorites. For some reason I just can't get into Steve Vai or others in that same rank/category, but Satch just seems . . . more . . . I really don't know WHAT it is about his playing. I could listen to it seemingly endlessly. For whatever weird abstract reason I just can't say that about some of his contemporaries though. Sorry Mr. Vai. Maybe if I heard ya' live it'd all change.

I think my appreciation for Satch started way back in my illegal song/video downloading days. Got some video of Satch opening a concert somewhere and it just BLEW ME AWAY. Still can't remember the name of the song but when I hear it, it sends chills up my spine.

• Members

Originally posted by mrbluetone

Kansas City

Uptown Theater same place they had the G3 a while back...

Really nice theater..restored to it's former glory!

great venue:thu: they still serving booze?

saw Queensryche there on thier first tour. hard to beat sitting front row at a show in really nice chairs while getting served mixed drinks. :D :D

• Members

I was at the Omaha Show Last night!! (04/03)

Great show. EJ sounded great with a Vintage MArshall Full stack and a pair of twins.

He joked that he was actually plugged into a maytag washer/dryer in the back :)

Satch was amazing as well.

Kinda disapointed they didn't play together at the end. I also wanted to see Stu Hamm but LaRue is good too!

Edit:

I saw DT at the Uptown Theater and didn't think much of the place. Nice sound, but the place looked like it was falling apart. Did they renavate it recently?

The Omaha Orpheum on the other hand, Groegeous Place:

Orpheum.jpg

OrpheumStgrt.gif

Archived