2. amp?

3. fuzz?

4. misc. pedals of note?

and... perhaps any insight into that tone

it's an interesting fuzz tone

it's fuzz, but with a tone that's really kind of rich even though it's buzzy

and yes... that damn commercial has caused this

it's just on my mind lately because of that

that tune brings back great memories for me because my pop had this reel to reel tape player with that on it and he used to crank it through his gigantic wooden console stereo

just great memories for me

I think console stereos should make a comeback

anybody make new ones????

this thread has become rambling

• Members

Hmmm Iron butterfly, now that is a return to the past, great stuff. Don't know what he was using but I believe it was Danny Weiss playing. Heard him in a band called rhinoceros, one hell of great player....:thu:

• Members

mosrite fuzzrite for fuzz. gibson and mosrite guitars. He may have had one of the mosrite stack amplifiers with the fuzzrite built right in. Iron butterfly had a gear collection earily similar to that of the doors. gotta love loud fuzz and 60's organ!

• Members

Originally posted by gr8fuldodd

that tune brings back great memories for me because my pop had this reel to reel tape player with that on it and he used to crank it through his gigantic wooden console stereo

although it's not a giant wooden console, my reel to reel player only ever has one reel on it that i've never changed...and of course, it's in-a-gadda-da-vida. i can't listen to that song and justify it unless it's on that reel to reel player [or the vinyl version of course...picked it up with shrink-wrap unbroken for $3].

Archived